Fixing Super Megason (famiclone

Started by XwxTovaowO, October 01, 2013, 08:50:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

XwxTovaowO

October 01, 2013, 08:50:50 am Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:56:20 am by XwxTovaowO
Hello there!  :bub:
I've only been to the famiclone scene for about two months but I find it very interesting as there's not any original famicoms to be had in Slovenia :P But I'm not here to discuss issues about what consoles we don't have, but what we DO.
I'm talking of course about the Super Megason (and yes, son, I am dissapoint.). It's a famiclone thrown into a case resembling a SNES and the controllers are copied to look like SNES controllers the same way, except they have A and B buttons and two turbo buttons above them. But most people already know all of this.
It is of course a PAL machine since I'm from Slovenia. The problems I face is that the Start button and one more (can't remember wich) stopped working on one of my controllers. I opened them up and cleaned them out but there is no difference. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do since you probably can't get controllers for this specific system s: The good news is that theyre 9 pin swappable ones so if there's no other solution I can just buy a new one.
Another problem I've notived happening a lot is that I simply can't get a perfect video output with a clear image no matter what I do with the RF swich. At this point it's probably worth noting that the TV I have in my room is some ancient black and white tv set but it worked just fine with a VCR player giving a good image. With this clone sometimes I just can't get a clear image at all, but even when I do, there is constantly at least one 'stripe', 'zone' or whatever you want to call it, it's like a 3 cm thick line across the screen that slowly mooves up and from the bottom again, distorting the image only where the line is and blocking my view. It's not just my TV's fault, I tried it on our Phillips in the living room (16 year old huge cathode tv with an almost flat image and is truely a site to behold..) that has automatic programme search but it couldn't even focus on a good channel so I think something just has to be wrong with the console. Altho, if I put my finger on either the video or audio jack, the blurr dissapears and that I found strange. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Thanks!
PS Have one more broken famiclone and one that's being shipped to me by a friend xD

Post Merge: October 01, 2013, 08:56:20 am

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/274/2/9/untitled_by_owotovaowo-d6osrzk.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/274/9/2/untitled_by_owotovaowo-d6oss7f.jpg
Here are some pics P:

aha2940

Hi

It would be usefult if you can post pictures of the inside of the gamepads and the console, so we can figure out if there is a way to help you with the controller and the video issues.

Regards.

smileyman8b

sorry that i cant help your problem but if you can could you check and see if you could use those controllers on an atari or sega genesis, just out of curiosity? although i had a problem once that was similar to this try replacing the cord to the tv that fixed my problem.
Deadpool- "YOU ATE THE LAST OF THE CHEESY PUFFS YOU SON OF A BI+cH!"  >:(