NES CLASSIC MINI CLONE EU VERSION

Started by yeeshen33, June 09, 2017, 02:49:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupin the Third

That's through the Taobao listing, though, correct? Is that higher than its original list price? You can't order internationally via that Taobao listing, correct?

yeeshen33

July 10, 2017, 10:20:10 am #46 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:27:42 am by yeeshen33
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Japanese-Console-For-NES-MINI-For-Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Family-Computer-Video-Game-Console-Original/32808040260.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.kPbVW8

famiclone mini launching price is too high.  :upsetroll:

Post Merge: July 10, 2017, 10:24:20 am

Post Merge: July 10, 2017, 10:27:42 am

Quote from: Lupin the Third on July 10, 2017, 10:15:39 am
That's through the Taobao listing, though, correct? Is that higher than its original list price? You can't order internationaslly via that Taobao listing, correct?

Even I pay some forwarding agent fees it still worth the price.

Lupin the Third

Haha! You might as well just buy a real Famicom Classic Mini for cheaper!

L___E___T

Quote from: Lupin the Third on July 10, 2017, 08:46:36 am
I'm not sure where you're seeing the price has gone up other than eBay resellers and elsewhere. But I'm pretty sure this device is priced specifically for resellers to enjoy massive margins on. Original Alibaba listing shows $50-60 US: https://m.alibaba.com/product/60705566439/EUR-version-of-the-nes-classic.html?spm=a2706.7843299.1998817009.24.RCn9h3

I paid less than that - because I got it through family based in China, so no exchange fee and no proxy service to pay luckily, so in the end about ~30 USD for each of the two units I ordered.

Should be here on Friday.  I plan to mod them after testing one - keeping one for play here and the other as a gift for my nephews who loved that cheaper Famicom Mini clone I bought.

I mentioned I thought the price had gone up because it seems every time I see a new link on a forum or Instagram the price is more and more.  I think they'll match the US demand.

I don't think this is going to fool anyone by the way  -  especially with the boot up menu and the emulated software menu.  I am interested to mod it, but how can it be Hackchi?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Pikkon

When you get yours L___E___T can you post some inside shots of the clone,would love to see how it was engineered.

L___E___T

I should get it this Friday, and be able to open it up in time for the weekend hopefully.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

yeeshen33

July 11, 2017, 05:33:25 am #51 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:19:51 am by yeeshen33
I think the welcome screen is LG monitor welcome screen,  and has no relation to the nes mini.

Post Merge: July 11, 2017, 06:14:47 am

I share another 2 videos  :bub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0gZ6OwIPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV04tc0MAQg

Bebop

i dont know because the monitor seem to be on before and lg what i know never have such a ugly welcome screen on there monitors...but i can have wrong.

obirux

July 11, 2017, 08:54:54 am #53 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:07:34 am by obirux
Hey Guys, New to the forum although i'm not much of a forum guy i'd say this is my first post ever  :)

Anyway i was introduced to this find by L___E___T some weeks back through instagram so i took the plunge and bought myself 2 which turned up this morning.
Overall i'd say it is a pretty good clone on the bases of all the moulding as long as you don't receive it with handling defects (deep scratch in one & printing is off a bit). The software is a little glitchy (with god awful splashscreens), more so at the menu than anywhere else with lag about a minute in, games seem to play fine but you will somewhat notice the quality is not fantastic
Another thing i noticed when i opened the unit was there was no heatsink and boards components are flipped to that of the original

Here are some pictures below

And a brief video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iqjHwKU8U

Many Thanks  :mario:

Bebop

July 11, 2017, 09:05:00 am #54 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:59:15 am by Bebop
Fantastic! thank for the update :)

Probably not...but maybe it's slow down because lack of heat sink on the chip?

obirux

July 11, 2017, 12:02:58 pm #55 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:10:26 am by obirux
Yes that's sort of what i thought, lack of heat sink may be causing this issue

But then i noticed that the lag would kick in around half way through the background audio, as soon as the track completes and cycles to repeat the lag goes away so there seems to be some other issue because this happens over and over through audio cycle. Another note the menu audio is super sharp with practically no base

i did not experience any lag or audio issue noted above during gameplay although i haven't tested them all

Listed Games Have been tested for around 5-10mins of play:

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania (Background Music can glitch out)
Castlevania II-Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey KongJr
DOUBLE DRAGON II-THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTIS'N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros
Mega Man 2 (Missing Sounds/SFX)
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
PAC-MAN
Punch-Out!Featuring Mr
Star Tropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros 2 (Faster Speed)
Super Mario Bros 3 (Faster Speed)
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II- The Adventure of Link

:bomb:

Bebop

July 11, 2017, 12:41:25 pm #56 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:17:26 pm by Bebop
I am grateful for the info and many thanks :)

I still wait for my order, but i dont get the retail box, where did you bought from?, i order it from ali.

Do you know if the original nes mini controllers works on this?

About the speeded up gameplay, i guess they have used pal 50hz roms games on a ntsc 60hz system.

I hope it can be hacked or something to put on your own games :)

obirux

July 11, 2017, 03:25:39 pm #57 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:40:20 pm by obirux
Yes you should receive it exactly as mine since they did not describe whether there would be original packaging, i'm pretty sure there was only 1 listing on ali express for this product at the time which has now been removed unless yours was actually a different product link.

I don't see why the original or aftermarket controllers wouldn't work but i am unable to test

Here is the product link below (Now Dead)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Professional-System-For-NES-Classic-TV-Video-Game-Console-Mini-Version-Built-in-30-Games/32816814300.html

You are probably correct about the speed but i cannot confirm this 

Sure swapping out the software would be great

Here's what happens when the device is connected via usb to a pc

On the pc a drive appears but it is inaccessible (shadowed out)
I tried hakchi as a long shot to no avail :pow:

Bebop

ah nice to hear! yepp same seller but they told me they dont ship with the box because it gonna be to expensive, nice to hear they still did, maby they dont want to say it because they dont know who asking ::)

Still, something happen when you connect it to pc, maby its a good start.

Wait and see if someone  find a way to crack it ;)

NintendoKing

Quote from: Bebop on July 11, 2017, 12:41:25 pm
I am grateful for the info and many thanks :)

I still wait for my order, but i dont get the retail box, where did you bought from?, i order it from ali.

Do you know if the original nes mini controllers works on this?

About the speeded up gameplay, i guess they have used pal 50hz roms games on a ntsc 60hz system.

I hope it can be hacked or something to put on your own games :)

It cannot be hacked (as it's not really a NES Classic), the controller ports are also different, so you cannot use official Nintendo controllers or any of the aftermarkets with it either. It's just built to resemble a NES Classic but doesn't use official controller ports, nor the same board specs.