Rarest and most valuable Famicom games?

Started by FamicomFreak, May 30, 2007, 11:33:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

I just wanted to know some games that are considered rare.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

PrinceDragon

Hmm... What about... Ikki, Bird week, Sqoon, Game Party, Cocoron, City Adventure, Spy Vs. Spy and Auto-Upturn?

FamicomFreak

I didn't know those were rare. Thanks

are  Wai Wai World and Sweet home considered rare?

JC

Most Famicom games were made in large numbers and aren't rare. So all those games mentioned above aren't rare. Some of those, like Sweet Home, are wanted by a lot of gamers, so that makes the price go up, even though it they aren't rare. There are other threads here about rare games, like grails, special releases and gold carts, etc.

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

I think the gold version of punch out is pretty rare

http://cgi.ebay.com/PUNCH-OUT-GOLD-FAMICOM-NOT-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ230114196213QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

There is another one on ebay that the seller wants even more money than this one

JC

Yeah, but not hella rare. 10,000 were made and they usually don't sell CIB in Japan for more than $200.

FamicomFreak

That gold punch out is tempting but I'm having some money problems right now....oh man I wish I had 200 extra bucks...

JC

For one on eBay, that's a good price. I sold a shitty one for $300+. That one's been listed for a while. I have an extra one CIB, as well.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: JC on May 31, 2007, 12:40:43 pm
For one on eBay, that's a good price. I sold a shitty one for $300+. That one's been listed for a while. I have an extra one CIB, as well.

sell it for 20 bucks to me? :)

JC

Haha. You know, the first time I listed my gold PO, it didn't sell, with a start bid of like $200. I relisted it with a $100 start bid and told FamicomJL that I'd give it to him if it didn't sell. Well, it sold, for $360 shipped, I think. But $20. Can't do that. :P I need to make my money back. Need at least $200.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: JC on May 31, 2007, 01:01:41 pm
Haha. You know, the first time I listed my gold PO, it didn't sell, with a start bid of like $200. I relisted it with a $100 start bid and told FamicomJL that I'd give it to him if it didn't sell. Well, it sold, for $360 shipped, I think. But $20. Can't do that. :P I need to make my money back. Need at least $200.

pretty please I'll give you a close up pick of super bros 8!! lol and ummm a rare black dragon quest 2 demon famicom cartridge....

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

I'm pretty new to this but is a game really worth 200 bucks?  That seems very pricey for such dated technology.  I take it the price is because its a highly sought after collectable

JC

That's what it's all about, whether or not people want it and how many are available to get. So yeah, some games are worth that much and more. Now, if you're talking about it from the other perspective, that it's just a hunk of plastic with old technology and a printed label, the worth these days would be pennies.

satoshi_matrix

But isn't Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! for NES more complete than the Famicom Version? Isn't the last person you face Super Macho Man? I picked up MTPO for $9 and I thought even that was pricy.

PrinceDragon

Sorry, FamicomFreak, when you said "rare", I thought you meant "strange", not  "scarse".  :D