March 28, 2024, 01:08:51 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

It's pretty cool. I had always heard of a gray HoneyBee, but I had expected it to be like the others, which are short. I wonder if there are any other HoneyBee's out there. I've got two gold and this one -- all different.

Flash1087

Quote from: NESHero on September 10, 2006, 06:26:12 pm
I have just brought for the NES

New Ghostbusters II
GhostBusters II
Faxanadu
Tom and Jerry
Super Spy Hunter

NGB2 has a physical copy? I was unaware of this!

That said, I think my best NES score ever was a mint-with-box R.O.B. for $20 at a pawn shop. That, or the time I bought a Power Glove and a mint-with-box NES Advantage for $15 altogether.

MarioMania

I got

Topgun
Topgun 2

for $3 at Gamecrazy

Quote from: JC on February 21, 2007, 04:52:54 pm
Got a gray HoneyBee today. It's actually kind of cool and not what I expected. It's made to play Famicom games on the front-loading NES. The converter is as big as a regular NES game (no ribbon necessary). The end you insert is like the standard 72-pin NES cart, but the top end is modified with a 60-pin opening to fit a Famicom cart. Pretty cool, I think.

How much was it..and can I see a pic of it

JC

I don't really know how much I paid for the converter. It was a part of a lot of  pirate disks, consoles, converters, cords, power adaptors and other junk. HERE FOR A PIC.

Jedi Master Baiter

Burger Time; ahh the memories

keiffer01

April 07, 2007, 05:41:58 pm #35 Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:50:41 pm by keiffer01
My best find is when I went to a pawn shop and bought two mint powergloves with two antena's, a near mint rob with all the pieces for gyromite, and a nes advantage controller, all for only 20$! Serously! Or my best find might be a Impossible Mission 2 sample cart for only 5$! But I need to be sure it's a proto(see''Prototype, or not'' post for more info and pics)! ;D :D
By the way, I just remembered this summer I bought a brand new Nes power set for only 10$ from a garage sale! Am I lucky or what! ;D :D

madman

It's not a sample cart.  Do some Ebay searches and look in historical auctions and EBay shops.  There are plenty on there with that same black and white label.

JC

I went to a flea market today and saw lots of NES games, but none I was interested in. :( I hate that.

Jedi Master Baiter

FamicomFreak

tmnt 2 good cartridge! The other one I have is kinda beat up
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 22, 2007, 05:21:59 pm
What did they have?

Pretty much all the common games you can think of. If I see anything rare, I pick 'em up to resell 'em, but I didn't find anything rare today. A lot of Lolo, though, which was kinda weird. And a bunch on the converter list, but none with converters. :(

FamicomFreak

I just updated my NES list on my site http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/rareroms/ not many games on it just yet but it's a start. Also check my updated Famicom Collection !
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Crash Dummie

I've got RBI Baseball 2, an illegal NES game.
A Winner Is You.                                             -The FW Québécois

Doc

JC