Rockman 4 Minus Infinity [hack]

Started by jpx72, April 15, 2012, 01:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RainLink

Wow jrx72 I'm touched that you actually printed that out! Your method looks flawless and I'm happy you got some use out of my work.  THANK YOU! :D

If anybody wants to submit a better rewording of the Japanese, I can quickly go in and edit the words- it shouldn't take more than a few minutes at most.

This is a shame this romhack doesn't work 100% correctly, I had hopped to play this on actual hardware :/
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

manuel

I guess it's just personal preference, so all's good.  :)

jpx72

I know there are issues with RAM chips on other repros, but I thought 150ns is a good one... I have it from a pirate cart.
About the PRG '080, I never had any issues with these on other repros.
Can't really say more, only thing I now is that it runs OK in FCEUX.

Oh and thanks everybody for comments :D

Aukensider

jpx72....

Why does your repro look like the Gold Punch-Out cartridge, but black?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me, you didn't destroy a Punch-Out Special to make this!

L___E___T

There are some really cheap KOEI games you can use as donors.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

jpx72

Quote from: Aukensider on September 16, 2012, 05:24:09 am
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me, you didn't destroy a Punch-Out Special to make this!

don't worry I used one of the KOEI titles, a japanese strategy, the name was really hard to remember.

Anyway got an answer from the author himself, let me quote it as did kuja killer on romhacking for me:
Quote from: kuja killer on September 14, 2012, 04:22:13 pm
Hi, Kujakiller.
Thank you for your information about the project.

To tell the truth, I had given up to run 4mi on real NES machine because I don't have NES hardware knowledge at all.
But I hear the probability of real machine working, I was much surprised.
And I must try to fix the DPCM/controller problem.

Regards,
Puresabe

jpx72

Yes, I know... but maybe he will look at it one day.

jpx72

I can do a video (later today), but it's easier when you get the rom and play it a bit in Nestopia, because it will be hard to notice correctly from the video. It's nothing too serious, it only looks like you accidentally press "start" from time to time (so the "weapons-selection-menu" pops out). Sometimes it's not disturbing, but there are places where you can throw your famicom out of the window because of that.... :fire:
(Anyway I have read that this rom hack is using second controller to change weapons or something...)

jpx72

September 18, 2012, 09:55:59 pm #23 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:26:00 am by jpx72
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Puresabe (the author of the Rockman MI hack) actually did a PATCH to repair the faulty controller behavior! Let me quote kuja killer, without his help this would never be possible:
Quote from: kuja killer on September 18, 2012, 02:11:54 pm
Sorry that im a few days late..

Okay, apparently i was kind of wrong. i didn't think he'd make a fix, but he actually did though matter of fact. :)

He even updated his site 2 times (in japanese only).. and even went as far as completing translating your whole entire post (the first post of this topic), from english to japanese, for his japanese viewers.

That's pretty cool!! :)

http://borokobo.web.fc2.com/neo/index.html

the 9-15-12, and 9-16-12 updates.
He explained in alot of in-depth detail about the whole situation.

And then posted a small IPS patch that you should apply to the 0.01 MMC5 version release.

Anyway we need some testing (in Nestopia / real hardware only) to see if his patch works!
For everyone lost in Puresabe's page, here's the direct link to the patch: http://borokobo.web.fc2.com/neo/h_src/12091601.zip

And if anyone is speaking Japanese, you can try to translate the most interesting things from Puresabe's website and put them here for english speakers! Thanks!

EDIT:
Wow almost 7 hours since I posted this and no amazed burstingly happy reaction from anyone? Am I the only one so excited about running this hack on real hardware? Come on, everyone who hasn't tried it so far should try it! Seriously!

famiac

jpx72

September 19, 2012, 10:45:28 am #25 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:01:16 pm by jpx72
Hardware testing after patch: Everything works perfect!!!! No more glitched controlls!

RainLink

jpx72 this is wonderful news!! I can't wait to give this a try  :)
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

FAMICOM_87

this hack is absolutely crazy !  ;D  even capcom did not manage to make that great game, with those visual effects and cool ideas  :o! they should make game like this , instead of Street Fighter X Mega Man.  ::)
and great job with the cartridge!  :redcart:  :star: did you consider to make and sell cartridges  :redcart: :redcart: :redcart:  :coin: :coin: :coin:   :-[  I am interested of buying one  :D 

jpx72

December 11, 2014, 01:50:06 pm #28 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:05:10 pm by jpx72
BUMPing this old topic for anyone interested:
the author - puresabe - released a finalized version of the hack  v. 1.00 (on 6.12.2014 :bub:):
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/910/
Title screen is totally awesome!. Just tested on real hardware - works perfectly!

BTW RainLink, did you know all of the repro making websites use your cover design? You did an awesome job there!

famiac

Does it work with the diagram you sent me a while ago?