March 29, 2024, 06:54:58 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

September 20, 2012, 10:00:09 pm #2175 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:07:46 pm by Nightstar699
Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 18, 2012, 12:22:15 am
Quote from: Agent X on September 17, 2012, 09:47:19 pm
BAD ASS
http://youtu.be/T_Wd6XtSmWI

...not quite what I had in mind, but it was "okay".  I still think the real life incident that the movie was based on was more entertaining.   ;D

Is that the movie they based on that Vietnam vet beating up that black guy on the bus?

Yup. I'm watching it at the moment.

Edit: Finished watching it. Can't tell if comedy.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

JohnnyBlaze

Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 20, 2012, 10:00:09 pm
Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 18, 2012, 12:22:15 am
Quote from: Agent X on September 17, 2012, 09:47:19 pm
BAD ASS
http://youtu.be/T_Wd6XtSmWI

...not quite what I had in mind, but it was "okay".  I still think the real life incident that the movie was based on was more entertaining.   ;D

Is that the movie they based on that Vietnam vet beating up that black guy on the bus?

I see that all the time in my neighborhood, so it's sort of funny.

The last thing I watched was the Giants-Panthers game last night. We SHONE in that game last night.
Yup. I'm watching it at the moment.

Edit: Finished watching it. Can't tell if comedy.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Nightstar699

A video of me playing Street Fighter which someone was kind enough to upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p226lmylKos
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Epic_Lotus

I saw two movies over the weekend:

Dredd at the cineplex.

John Carter on DVD.

So, Dredd was a lot better than I was expecting.  I'm not a huge fan of gore in movies, and I'd read in a ComicCon review that there was lots of it, exploding at your face in 3D.  That was still true to some extent, but it was much less disturbing than I was anticipating.  Talking about it with my buddy afterward, we decided that since the gore was removed from malicious intent (i.e. people getting brutally killed in horror movies), it was far less distracting.  Since I wasn't being pulled out of the movie to go "eww...", I was able to stay with the movie and enjoyed it more as a result.

John Carter was, sadly, not as good as I'd hoped.  There was a lot in the movie that I enjoyed, and the overall story was good.  However, I really didn't like the look of the CG species.  They had too much of that cartoon-y look, and it just didn't sit right with me through most of the movie.  Also, one of the subplots of the movie (which seemed like it should be more important) was really vague, poorly explored, and pretty much left unresolved.  Grrr...

JohnnyBlaze

Watching WWE Raw right now. I don't care if you're a wrestling fan or not, the fact that Jerry Lawler is up, alert, and moving around normally TWO WEEKS after a massive heart attack where he almost died is nothing short of a miracle....
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

son_ov_hades

End of Watch

God damn this movie was great! Go see it. now.

petik1

Just got up to date on Breaking Bad. I hate having to wait until next year!

Epic_Lotus

Hunger Games + Rifftrax =  ;D

That was a lot of fun. 

Epic_Lotus

I just watched the first episode of Burn Notice two nights ago on Netflix, and that was really good.

Last night, I watched an episode of Keeping Up Appearances with my wife.  Hilarious show   ;D.

manuel

I just watched the latest Nintendo Direct with my wife... and now we both can't wait for that game! (we'll have to get it twice of course)
1 month and 3 days left!  :'(

Epic_Lotus

Quote from: manuel on October 05, 2012, 06:51:33 am
I just watched the latest Nintendo Direct with my wife... and now we both can't wait for that game! (we'll have to get it twice of course)
1 month and 3 days left!  :'(

Is that the Animal Crossing one?

ericj

Quote from: Epic_Lotus on October 05, 2012, 05:49:19 am
Last night, I watched an episode of Keeping Up Appearances with my wife.  Hilarious show   ;D.

If you like Keeping Up Appearances, you'll probably also like Doc Martin:)

Epic_Lotus

Hehe, I've watched the first 3 season of Doc Martin.  My wife continues to watch the later seasons.

Personally, I was a fan early on, but I didn't like how the show went all romantic-comedy as it progressed.  I prefer my comedies to stay comedies.  Keeping Up Appearances, Red Dwarf, The IT Crowd, etc. 

It's humor is pretty raunchy (which isn't usually my cup of tea), but last week I did just finish the episode 5, first season of The Inbetweeners (U.K.).  I haven't laughed that good in a while. 

Cheetahmen

The new series of Red Dwarf. (Well, the first episode of it as the rest of them haven't aired yet) :)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

nintendodork

I really think anyone who hasn't checked out Louis CK's series on FX (for which he writes, produces, directs, and sometimes films); Louie, should definitely give it a shot. It's one of the very few shows on TV that can get an audible laugh out of me.  It's unique to TV comedy in the sense that The Sopranos was unique to TV drama.

Just my two cents, and also the last thing I watched. :)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat