March 28, 2024, 07:18:43 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

A documentary about compulsive hoarding.

son_ov_hades

manuel

Another documentary.
This time about parcel delivery people who work for a starvation wage.

Nightstar699

I saw the Game Center CX episode on Gimmick, since it's back on YouTube for the time being. I think that has to be my favorite episode yet, the ending was gold, as was Arino attempting to fight the bosses. It reminded me of my hellish experience playing Bucky O'Hare yesterday.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

manuel

These uploads come and go.

I had a few in my watch later cue, but many disappeared.  :(

Nightstar699

Yeah, it seems like you have to enjoy them for the short amount of time that they're up. The same is true with music on YouTube, as video game music uploaders TheOSTation recently got suspended for what must be the 100th time now. :(
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Epic_Lotus

Oblivion

It was pretty good.  As far as sci-fi flicks go, it had a fairly solid premise.  I was slightly underwhelmed by the ending, but it wasn't enough to put me off seeing a second go-round some time down the road.  Also, Tom Cruise does a nice performance, though I'm starting to see a number of his other roles show through in his non-sequel performances.  I suppose there's only so many ways an actor can do angry, intense, etc.  I guess, after a while, you've just seen them one too many times.  It's like how I'm getting pretty good at picking out when John Williams has done the score for a film; I am too attuned to what has come before.

Nightstar699

A few episodes of Gamecenter CX. It astounds me that Arino is actually pretty good at Battletoads... yet he's unfathomably terrible at Mega Man.

manuel

I just watched a documentary on bio diesel and how it's not really that good for the environment.

Now I'd like to watch a movie, but I don't know which...  :-[

Epic_Lotus

Star Trek: The Next Generation

I just started rewatching the show with my wife.  I have the whole series on DVD, but I've never quite sat down to watch the whole thing all the way through (since I saw many episodes growing up).  We just finished the first season episode Where No One Has Gone Before.  I rather enjoy it, even if it is heavy on Wesley content   ::)

manuel

Went on to watch The Hunger Games yesterday.
Not bad.

Epic_Lotus

I gotta agree with you there.  I was honestly surprised how much I enjoyed it.  When you walk into the theater expecting it to be another Twilight-style teen-drama crapfest, and it turns out to be an interesting premise with a solid execution, it kind of blows your mind.  I am genuinely interested in seeing the coming sequels.

I forgot to add in my last "I watched" post that I recently finished The Prisoner.  What a fantastic show that was.  Truly bizarre, but so intriguing all the same.  It's a little hard to believe they did a remake of it a couple years ago   ::).

Anyways, I'm about to sit down and watch a couple hours of classic Doctor Who.  I have almost the entire show on VHS, but I've barely scratched the surface of it when it comes to actually watching it.  I've decided to tackle the show once more (with a chips, salsa, and a glass of Coke), starting at the very beginning.  Serial no. 1:  An Unearthly Child.

Algo Fonix

Unofficial Squadron Akibaranger. Well, the first episode of the first season, anyway. It seems promising!

son_ov_hades

Colombiana

Zoe Saldana is soooooo hot!

manuel