March 28, 2024, 02:50:00 pm

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Scarface - Platinum Edition

JC

I've noticed, not to stereotype or anything, that blacks and some browns have a strange fascination with that film, not really watching it, but wearing it...in Harlem, I used to see a bunch of blacks with Scarface jackets, and similar here in NM among the more thug-inclined Hispanics. They sell lots of Scarface posters at the major flea market in Albuquerque.

Anyway...was it the Pacino version or the original? I've always wanted to see the original because I have an interest in Howard Hughes.

Jedi Master Baiter

Al Pacino - funny; I wouldn't have any idea what you were talking about if my brother hadn't told me it was a remake.

Anyway, just saw Lawnmower Man... didn't expect Pierce Brosnan to be in it.  Whilst watching the credits, one name caught my eye:

Set Dresser  JUSTIN BAILEY :P

manuel

Documentary on TV about videogames (computergames). It wasn't as biased as I expected. :o :D

Doc

Quote from: Profeta Yoshitake on July 06, 2007, 10:28:26 am
Braindead aka Dead Alive aka Fome Animal.

Masterpiece.

You have great taste in movies...:).

manuel

Is that the one directed by Peter Jackson?

Doc

Quote from: manuel on July 13, 2007, 06:21:02 am
Is that the one directed by Peter Jackson?

Yeah, before he bored me to sleep with Lord of the...zzzzzzzzzz....

manuel

Haha :D

Well, I guess people's tastes are different.

Braindead is a classic, though. I enjoyed that thoroughly with some friends.

keiffer01

manuel

Onmyouji. (="The Yin-Yang Master")

JC

Devil Wears Prada -- not altogether bad, and the first film I've ever watched at home while standing through the whole thing. :D

djdac

Quote from: JC on July 11, 2007, 10:09:00 pm
I've noticed, not to stereotype or anything, that blacks and some browns have a strange fascination with that film, not really watching it, but wearing it...in Harlem, I used to see a bunch of blacks with Scarface jackets, and similar here in NM among the more thug-inclined Hispanics. They sell lots of Scarface posters at the major flea market in Albuquerque.

Anyway...was it the Pacino version or the original? I've always wanted to see the original because I have an interest in Howard Hughes.

I'm latino, definately not thugged out, and have some scarface shirts.

JC

Yeah...I have noticed they sell those posters and shirts at major corpse like Hastings entertainment stores. So, I imagine they're in the general market more than just with thugs. I'm Hispanic myself, but never owned a shirt, nor seen the film.

djdac

Its a great film, very 80's.

manuel

Watched the boxing match Krasniqi (Germany) vs Thompson (USA).
Krasniqi was so bad... TKO in round 5. >:(