Message Board updates

Started by Alex930, July 29, 2006, 11:48:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

From el site updates thread...

"What you see now is a change to the new post/no new post icons. Glass Joe before getting punched is no new post, while Glass Joe after getting punched is a new post!"

JC

Good catch, JL.

8/23/06 -- you're gonna see a few changes happening at the forum. I had an epiphany the other night while surfing Wikipedia, and that is that the only way FW and the forum will be successful is if it's more fanatical. You see, Wikipedia is purely informational and will someday contain all the same information FW will offer. But if we place emotional (fanatical) perspectives on our information, FW will be better than Wikipedia, and the like, and will be a place people want to come back to.

So, expect changes...

What you see now is a change to the new post/no new post icons. Glass Joe before getting punched is no new post, while Glass Joe after getting punched is a new post!

Have any ideas? Let us know in the suggestion board.

Slushie

Just came on and saw the changes, pretty cool. Like the bricks background. I love the image from the SMB3 commercial that was here before, it just didn't really suit the background of this forum. Love the bricks. ;D

JC

Thanks Slushie!

I liked that Mario Globe image as well, but like you said, it didn't quite work as a background image, because the whole image couldn't really be seen and it was awkwardly tiled.

More will be changing. And if anyone has suggestions, let me know on the suggestions board.

Doc

I must say JC is awesome for this background. :D

Slushie

Yeah, it is a great background. I like how the bricks aren't really big, it suits it nicely at the size they are. Great pick on the background. ;)

Doc

JC

JC

08/24/06 -- Can't miss the new background colors -- let me know what you think...I'm a little unsure of it 'cause it sometimes looks orange and sometimes looks yellow...I wanted it to match the site as much as possible.

Doc

JC

LOL -- glad you both like it. :)

And, everyone, check out the new buttons. The ones on everyone's PM page are my favorite.

Doc

Yeah, you're pretty much awesome.

Slushie

Quote from: JC on August 25, 2006, 09:28:44 pm
LOL -- glad you both like it. :)

And, everyone, check out the new buttons. The ones on everyone's PM page are my favorite.

Cool, just came here and saw them, awesome, adds a cool feel. Makes it feel even more like a Famicom Forum. ;D Great work on all of this JC.

Doc

9/3/06:

Made a new "Banned" group, for people who get banned. Thankfully, we haven't had that problem yet...