Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Unlicensed doesn't mean illegal.

Crash Dummie

Well, it does mean it doesn't have Nintendo's support. Do they have the right to sell it?
A Winner Is You.                                             -The FW Québécois

FamicomFreak

Jedi Master Baiter

Of course they do, or did.  Nintendo had a patent on the system. :-\

The problem with Tengen was the stealing of the CIC chip information, & the problem with Galoob was the Game Genie.

I believe accessories didn't have to be approved.

Profeta Yoshitake

My new finds:

Lemmings
Alien 3
The Jetsons
Uninvited

The scarcity of them is high here in Brazil!
I'm very happy!  ;D
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

JC

Lemmings is very fun. I never played the NES version when I was little. I used to play Lemmings 2 on my PC. I've played the NES one more lately.

FamicomFreak

congrats on your finds!

keiffer01

Found a couple of great Famicom/NES pirates a while ago;

Super Mario 4 Flying Racoon boxed (also found another one loose)
Super Mario Bros. (green cart)
Dynamite Bowl
110 in 1 (black NES cart)
110 in 1 (gray NES cart)

The 110 in 1 carts are the same except for the different colour and mold of the carts. The Super Mario Bros. cart is a green Famicom cart, and what is wierd is that the graphics are kind of messed up. Super Mario 4 Flying Racoon is the japanese version of Super mario 3, but what's wierd is that the game has it's own box, and instead of just printing a game drawing on the box they only took another copy of the stcker on the cart and just glued it on there! On the back of the box a pirate Famicom system called the MicroVision is shown :D

djdac

I got a complete boxed power pad for $10.

JC

Won an unlicensed cart similar to keiffer's Supervision, but mine is Top Gun. :'( I paid only $3.99, though! :)

keiffer01

That's pretty awesome! Is it a SuperVision cart? And by the way today I saw a famicom cart at a flee market with the title,''Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels''. The cart was a a black famicom pirate cart, and it came with a Famicom to NES adapter. The women was asking 10$ for it, and since I wanted to keep money for cheaper games (which I did), I didn't buy the game. Besides, I already have it. But it's never too late...I bet she'll still have it the next time I see her. She always sells stuff at flee markets. :)

JC

Not, no Supervision, just one of the other name-brand pirates.

And that SMB2j with the converter is worth the price, even if you just sell the converter, since those go for about $10 on eBay -- and if you sell the SMB2j cart, you'd get some good cash, too.

keiffer01

Found a couple of famicom pirates last week at a flee market. The games are Yie-Ar-Kung Fu, Contra (japanese version wiith extra cut scenes and all), Mario.Bros, Warp Man, and finally another 110 in 1 cart. By the way, I tried to play my 110 in 1 cart in my Famicom, but for some reason it's really glitchy and the only game I can play with it is Gradius. Later I tried the game in my NES using a converter, and it worked like a charm. Usually my Famicom plays all my Famicom games, so I was wondering, is the Famicom compatible with multi-carts? ???

JC

Glitches in pirates are most commonly due to the pins of the cart not properly aligning with the pins of the Famicom/NES. It's likely that the pins aligned better with the converter.

Someday you're gonna find me a Bubble Bobble cart at those flea markets. ;)