March 28, 2024, 02:35:43 pm

last beer you drink???

Started by hagai, July 03, 2011, 05:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

All y'all talking about Guiness like it's a beer... tut tut

Had a couple of Tsing Taos last night, I prefer it to the Changs, Tigers and Singhas that are more prevalent here.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Quote from: L___E___T on April 10, 2015, 04:16:39 pm

So what is it?  :-[

Had a Kirin Lager yesterday for a change.

hvc01

fcgamer

Quote from: L___E___T on April 10, 2015, 04:16:39 pm

Had a couple of Tsing Taos last night, I prefer it to the Changs, Tigers and Singhas that are more prevalent here.

I prefer Tiger to Tsing Tao, I personally think it is a bit more flavorful.  None of these are on the top of any of my lists though.

Now I am drinking a Kronenbourg 1664.  I wanted to grab some Sam Adams lagers (just found a shop that sells them), but I didn't have time to do so.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

April 11, 2015, 08:06:37 am #214 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:45:58 pm by SumixXam
Quote from: iStreet on April 10, 2015, 01:27:29 pm
Heineken :D

I had a Heineken a few days ago.

Post Merge: April 11, 2015, 05:45:54 pm

I felt like trying somethjng new so got this.

UglyJoe

Went to the sushi place nearby and they apparently don't serve Asahi anymore...

Had a Heineken instead.

fcgamer

Quote from: UglyJoe on April 11, 2015, 06:55:23 pm

Had a Heineken instead.

Consider yourself lucky  ;)  Heineken is a much better beer than Asashi...

fcgamer

Funny, I will now take back the comment I made last post ;)

Asashi has apparently been making some new line of beers, based off of craft beer styles.  Apparently the second installment in this series is Asashi's "Dry Pale Ale".  I saw this beer at the convenience store, so I grabbed a few cans and was impressed.  The beer was reasonably priced, and quite hoppy and flavorful, compared to the other choices available in these parts.  This is about as close to craft beer as I can find here, without searching out some specialty shop, I hope this one stays around and isn't just some summer exclusive, like they usually do with importing beers into Taiwan (basically in the summers the convenience stores import a larger variety of imported beers, but during the spring, fall and winter we are stuck with dregs).  This one is a keeper, and I am quite surprised by that.  I wonder what other beers in this series will come out.

On another note, TTL (Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor) just released a Honey Lager.  I had high expectations for it, since another local restaurant makes a honey craft beer; however, TTL got it wrong and their version sucks.  To me, it just tastes like their weak lager with some honey added into it...not particularly good.  On another note, I actually (accidently) insulted the guy in charge of the quality control at TTL, about three years ago, but that is a story for a different time ;)

nintendodork

I had a Toña with dinner last night in Nicaragua. Still not a beer guy, but it's dirt cheap here. That said, I gave the other half of it to my friend and ordered a rum and coke instead.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MaxXimus

Hard alcohol, the forbidden fruit.  8)

Haha just kidding. I'm not missing anything but messy sloppy times. I can't just have a couple so I avoid it at all costs. The last beer I had was a Faxe which was about a week ago.

StJackie

Quote from: fcgamer on April 12, 2015, 08:21:17 am
Quote from: UglyJoe on April 11, 2015, 06:55:23 pm

Had a Heineken instead.

Consider yourself lucky  ;)  Heineken is a much better beer than Asashi...

Asahi Black beer is pretty much the only Asahi beer to drink for me.  Light brings back bad memories..

hagai

Well well well its been 5 years since the last time I posted in this thread lol. How are you guys? I do remember Manuel, uglyjoe, nintendodork, petik, are they still active here?:D

MWK

Ho ho wb buddy, we're still here ;-) what took you so long?

MaxXimus

In an effort to cut my consumption down even more I decided to give some low alcohol beer a go. I had 2 0.5% beers the other day. Honestly, not too bad, and I even got a little pretend buzz from them haha.

fcgamer

Quote from: SumixXam on June 05, 2015, 02:02:32 pm
In an effort to cut my consumption down even more I decided to give some low alcohol beer a go. I had 2 0.5% beers the other day. Honestly, not too bad, and I even got a little pretend buzz from them haha.

Around 2010 I had somehow contracted C-Diff, and my doctor had originally misdiagnosed it, saying I had Chrohn's Disease or Colitis.  He gave me a large list of items not to eat, including the following:

-fried foods
-raw vegetables
-alcohol
-caffeine (so no tea, no chocolate)
-dairy products

It was nuts, as it seemed I couldn't eat or drink anything! 

Later I had more tests done, and after the true cause for my problem was revealed, I went through several drugs until I finally got cleared up. 

Why am I sharing this?  Well, during that time I had decided to give non-alcoholic beer a try, as well as non-alcoholic wine.  I personally felt the beer tasted better than the wine.  Although not nearly as good or with as much variety as craft beer, for example, the non-alcoholic beer available (I had found lager as well as one other type, I forget) wasn't bad, to everyone's surprise.