Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

Beat the final boss of 3D Dot Game Heroes on PS3. Fun throwback to Zelda and others!

nerdynebraskan

I beat Tecmo NBA Basketball (NES) for the first time tonight. I played the "short" season, and then simulated the regular season. Then I just had to win 5 games to win the NBA Championship. I didn't really care enough to do more than that. The game is kind of a mess; it's really a shame given how good Tecmo Super Bowl is.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Retrospectives

I can really recommend Strikers 1945 if you are into Shoot Em Ups from Psikyo. Although I believe it was not released on the SNES/SFC it is in my opinion their absolutely best game that was released by Psikyo. Most of them plays fairly similar though, but Strikers 1945 stands out in my opinion due to it's historical impact (it became very very popular in the arcades in Japan during it's release) and the AI, controls, variety and plot is simply the best Psikyo ever put out. I like Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters though, it's one of those games that are often overseen by many other more known shooters.

Protoman

Mega Man V on Gameboy.

Not quite as much slowdown problems as other megaman games on gameboy, and an original story and useful weapons. This is a good one!

HummerTeam1001

I think the last game i beat was the bootleg Hummer Team port of Aladdin.

Yelir

Quote from: Retrospectives on May 28, 2016, 11:47:40 pm
I can really recommend Strikers 1945 if you are into Shoot Em Ups from Psikyo. Although I believe it was not released on the SNES/SFC it is in my opinion their absolutely best game that was released by Psikyo. Most of them plays fairly similar though, but Strikers 1945 stands out in my opinion due to it's historical impact (it became very very popular in the arcades in Japan during it's release) and the AI, controls, variety and plot is simply the best Psikyo ever put out. I like Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters though, it's one of those games that are often overseen by many other more known shooters.

I used to own Strikers 1945+ on MVS. I think it's a near perfect shooter and really regret selling it but it went to a good home! :'(

Cheetahmen

Chase HQ on the Master System, didn't realise how short this game was until I played though it :D
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Retrospectives

What do you think about Battle Outrun? It was not released here in Japan but it is compatible with the Everdrive so I had the chance of playing it. Really like it although it is much harder than Chase H.Q. I like the way that you can customize your car with ugrades although the enemies are a bit...dull.

Cheetahmen

I haven't had the opportunity to play that one yet. I know it plays more like Chase HQ than Outrun but that's about it. :-[

BonBon

Just beat StarTropics wow it was a very difficult game but man was it worth it. The ending was incredible! It has to be one of the best endings I've ever seen on the nes it. But my favorite was the final boss zodas death scene it was the best how he just starts throwing up and melting.

Yelir

Quote from: Jay-ray on June 06, 2016, 12:05:53 am
Just beat StarTropics wow it was a very difficult game but man was it worth it. The ending was incredible! It has to be one of the best endings I've ever seen on the nes it. But my favorite was the final boss zodas death scene it was the best how he just starts throwing up and melting.

Almost fit for a spoiler tag, bro! :(

I didn't know about the game until more recently with the Gaming Historian video. It looks like a pretty fun game.

Cheetahmen

Rubble Saver 2 on the Game Boy, decided to play it cause it's on one of my pirate multicarts and I actually beat it on my first try ;D

nerdynebraskan

Spiritual Warfare (NES)

Pro:  Decent Legend of Zelda clone
Con:  Cheesy Christian propaganda
Pro: Literally killing Satan in the final boss fight!
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Jedi Master Baiter

Wizards & Warriors X: Fortress of Fear

Disappointing. :(

Protoman

Takeshi no Chousenjou

Of course, it doesn't really count because I used the "punch 10000 times" and warped to the last stage then used the pause trick to walk to the treasure. I just wanted to see if it would work :P