Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BonBon

StarTropics 2 zoda's revenge. Great game really liked it. I thought it was better then the 1st except for zodas death scene and the ending.

nerdynebraskan

Deathbots (NES)

It was my first time beating it. It's not terribly fun, but it wasn't overly hard either. And it needed to be done for the Beat Every NES Game Challenge, so I went after it today. Only took me two playthroughs in one day to clear it.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

nerdynebraskan

Went back to a classic tonight, and beat the first quest of Legend of Zelda (NES) in one sitting. I might try running through the second quest again soon.

Russ-5354

I beat Half-Life 1 (for PC) a little while ago. Sort of retro, but not really. It's a really fun and well-made game though.

nerdynebraskan

I beat Time Diver: Eon Man (NES) a couple of nights ago.

I was at a gaming party with a guy I'd just traded some repros to, including that Time Diver cart. He popped it in and asked if I wanted to show how it was done. I'd never really played past the third stage before, but I just powered all the way through with a couple of small hiccups. It's not everyday that I beat a game for the first time with an audience.

It's a really solid, if not thoroughly polished, title. Expectations should never be sky-high for an unpublished prototype, but it was easily more fun than at least the bottom third of the official NES library.

Yelir

I haven't had too much free time to game lately, but within the past 2 weeks I finished Gimmick! at home, and then Mother 3 on the GBA SP. I have a pretty short attention span to finish games, but I racked up ~33 hours to finish this one, and felt like I couldn't get enough of the story and absurb NPC interaction(s). My only complaint was not owning the SP headphone adapter, and the fact that my SP battery seems to be close to death.

At one point in Chapter 5, I happened to defeat a rarely occurring enemy, gaining so much XP that my party earned 3-4 levels with all 4 allies, and mere minutes later my handheld soft reset before I could save.  :'(

Spoiler
[close]

Cheetahmen

Aladdin for the SNES, it's funny because I've owned the Mega Drive version for as long as I can remember and I've still never finished that one :-[
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Protoman

Ninja Gaiden 2 Dark Sword of Chaos aka 忍者龍剣伝2暗黒の邪神剣

Easier than the first game. I much appreciate three things:

Being able to climb on walls
When you die you start with less magic, not none
When you die at the final bosses you only have to redo one stage instead of three(!)

I disliked two things:

The windy and icy stages (they were annoying)
The sword going through a lot of enemies and items(feels like it happens more in 2 than 1/3)

Now I've beaten the Ninja Gaiden trilogy  ;D (on Famicom)

Jedi Master Baiter

You beat III before II? Anyway, welcome to the club! Now all's that's left is Ninja Gaiden Shadow, which was really a Shadow of the Ninja game, so I'm going to play that first.

Oh yeah! I just completed Mega Man Battle Network 4. It wasn't a very impressive title, in my opinion. :diskkun:

untinip

Secret of Mana. Next up: Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2).

Jedi Master Baiter

Collected every map piece and treasure in DuckTales 2. ;D

I miss Alan Young! :'(

Protoman

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 05, 2016, 11:39:05 pm
You beat III before II? Anyway, welcome to the club! Now all's that's left is Ninja Gaiden Shadow, which was really a Shadow of the Ninja game, so I'm going to play that first.

Oh yeah! I just completed Mega Man Battle Network 4. It wasn't a very impressive title, in my opinion. :diskkun:

I beat them in this order: 3 - 1 - 2. Also Battle Network 4? I'm playing through that series too and am at 4 currently, which is my least favorite. Too many competitions and little real storyline in that one.

Nightstar699

Quote from: Protoman on August 29, 2016, 03:06:15 pm
Ninja Gaiden 2 Dark Sword of Chaos aka 忍者龍剣伝2暗黒の邪神剣

Easier than the first game. I much appreciate three things:

Being able to climb on walls
When you die you start with less magic, not none
When you die at the final bosses you only have to redo one stage instead of three(!)

I disliked two things:

The windy and icy stages (they were annoying)
The sword going through a lot of enemies and items(feels like it happens more in 2 than 1/3)

Now I've beaten the Ninja Gaiden trilogy  ;D (on Famicom)

Huh, as someone who speedruns the whole Ninja Gaiden trilogy, I find your experience interesting. General consensus among runners is that NG2 is the hardest one of the trilogy, and I must agree. The diminished hitbox on Ryu's sword (trust me, it wasn't your imagination) leads to a ton of tricky slashes, it demands perfect mastery of all your special weapons (not just Spin Slash like NG1), and of course those stage hazards. In fact it took me a much longer time to learn 2 than 1 or 3, just since I was so intimidated by its difficulty.

However, it has literally zero randomness, as opposed to the first game. So there's that.

Ironically a lot of Ninja Gaiden runners love the ice level because the sliding physics mean you can slash while standing, without slowing down. I personally kinda hate 5-2.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

HummerTeam1001

Recently I beat Kirby's Dream Land 2 on gameboy

BaconBitsKing