Previous topic - Next topic

Mindfreak

L___E___T

Interesting beer choice :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

mammal93

All Day IPA by Founders. Another local brew. They're awesome and come in 19.2 oz cans.

fcgamer

Quote from: mammal93 on May 08, 2017, 04:57:39 pm
All Day IPA by Founders. Another local brew. They're awesome and come in 19.2 oz cans.

You know, I think I've seen this before in Taiwan but always passed due to the low alcohol content and higher price (all craft beers are going to be higher here). 

I am drinking now a Kasteel Donker 11%, $3 Belgian beers, I don't miss the $7+ they tax for these back in the States.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Tried Gekkeikan on the rocks. I can never get used to the aftertaste. I'll try it heated next time.

mammal93

Quote from: fcgamer on May 09, 2017, 09:16:10 am
Quote from: mammal93 on May 08, 2017, 04:57:39 pm

You know, I think I've seen this before in Taiwan but always passed due to the low alcohol content and higher price (all craft beers are going to be higher here). 

I am drinking now a Kasteel Donker 11%, $3 Belgian beers, I don't miss the $7+ they tax for these back in the States.

Wow really? It's a small town Michigan beer.

P

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 10, 2017, 08:46:08 pm
Tried Gekkeikan on the rocks. I can never get used to the aftertaste. I'll try it heated next time.

Oh I see, yeah maybe it's better heated. I know many Japanese that don't like nihonshu (as sake is called in Japanese) that much, but some of them say that they like it only together with Japanese cuisine. Personally I love the "ricey taste" of it and can drink it together with about any food though.

fcgamer

I never drank sake heated, but maybe next winter I will try.  When I buy it and drink at my apartment, I just drink it room temperature, not bad at all.  I think it tastes good, but it doesn't taste nearly as strong as it is, so it can easily catch up on me (in comparison, I usually drink "strong" beers", also room temperature, and with them you can taste the alcohol content in them.

manuel

Asahi Dry - The big standard here in Japan.

linkzpikachu

Rolling Rock last night at friends.
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

UglyJoe

June 15, 2017, 07:44:35 pm #280 Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:47:09 am by UglyJoe
Got drunk at the Chicago O'Hare airport (then had my flight canceled and had to sleep on the floor). Stuck with Goose Island since they're local :

Goose IPA
312 Urban Wheat (best of the night)
Goose Green Line Pale Ale
Matilda (wish I had drank this one earlier so I could have appreciated it)

Post Merge: June 17, 2017, 11:47:09 am

Tsingtao - unremarkable, but tasted plenty good after some spicy vegetable soup.

fcgamer

Yeah, Tsingtao isn't the best, but the local stuff I bet was amazing.

I had a few Heinekens and a Grand Kirin JPL.  The latter is quite nice, but I only drink one or two of those at a time, then switch to something cheaper if I want to drink more.

The Family Mart near me frustrates me...every summer they have a selection of summer beers, from around the world.  Some are mediocre (like Pilsner Urquell), but others are actually fairly nice, like some craft brews from Anchor Brewery in the USA (I have no idea how Anchor compares to other craft brewers in the States, I've been away for too long, but anything craft over here in Taiwan is nice compared to what is usually available, and the pickings are always quite slim for this sort of stuff).  So last week or so they had posted on the beer fridge and also the front door they have this sale, buy three of the summer beers, get 20% off.  The only problem is that the shop doesn't carry any of those beers...

I talked with the cashier the other day, then she referred me to the boss and I spoke with her, and she said the reason is because there isn't enough space in the fridge.  She asked which beers I wanted, and said she would get them in.  But so far, no dice, and since Taiwan is such a small island, next day delivery is pretty much expected, so it seems like this just isn't happening. 

The thing that makes me the most frustrated though, is the idea of advertising something you aren't even carrying for sale.  Last August or September I remember the same sort of bullshit, where a drug store sent out sales fliers and among the stuff was a cream that was supposed to help with eczema and psoriasis.  I went to a few of the shops and tried to buy it, but they then said it was only available in the capital city.  Again, I was left scratching my head and wondering why stores even bother to put stuff in sales fliers and run specials on products they don't even sell.  Maybe it draws more customers into the stores, but in the end, it just pisses me off and makes me want to shop at those stores even less.

MaxXimus

The last beer I had was on May long weekend.

The longer time goes on, the less interest I have in alcohol actually. I used to get so wasted and just make a fool out of myself. It put a lot of strain on my relationship. Being in more of a sober mind now, I see how destructive I used to be (I'm sure some of you remember how drunk I used to get. Let's not forget the " inhibitions set to -50" thread lol...) and don't want to ever get back to that. I'm pretty sure I'm completely done with alcohol.

L___E___T

That's great news Max - sound like just growing up and Fatherhood to me though, don't be so hard on yourself :)

I rarely drink either, but I like to enjoy a small whiskey on a Friday night every now and then. 

So I hardly ever drink beer now, unless I'm watching TV with my Dad. 

Had a couple Asahi blacks over the weekend (I suppose it's a Japanese stout) as we had really nice weather here and friends over.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

Thanks Luke. Means a lot. :) I also want to be a better role model for my kids. My oldest son (6) only has one kidney, so the lifestyle I used to live with all the alcohol would be dangerous for him. I still smoke pot thpugh. It keeps me level headed. I have cut down on that too but that's going to be a lifelonger I think.

The idea of having a nicely chilled beer on a hot sunny afternoon is extremely appealing though lol...