What's the weather forecast where you live?

Started by MaxXimus, January 11, 2017, 06:06:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

P

In Sweden sun goes down around 3:00 pm now. It's dark almost all day!

Quote from: Retrospectives on December 24, 2017, 02:40:21 am
P in Sweden  :) We have been talking about this some year ago or something...You were from Uppsala right?
Oh Sweden was it. Yeah I remember you said you where in Sweden. Yeah I was born in Uppsala but the town I was bought up in is in the mountains.

Although it's warm now in Hokkaido we have a small snowstorm here.

smeghead

Bry89

It's a winter wonderland here at the moment, and is most likely to stay until about Thursday. Damn cold outside too but, I aint bothered :crazy:
https://mindsconnect.jcink.net
Tech-oriented forum. Gamers old and new are welcome.

smeghead

Jedi Master Baiter

I was just informed of torrential rainfall, flooding, and mudslides in Japan. :o Hope everyone in Japan is okay.

Meanwhile it is still really freaking hot over here in Southern California. :fire: 102 farenheit (38 celsius).

Retrospectives

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on July 09, 2018, 06:34:09 pm
I was just informed of torrential rainfall, flooding, and mudslides in Japan. :o Hope everyone in Japan is okay.

Meanwhile it is still really freaking hot over here in Southern California. :fire: 102 farenheit (38 celsius).

Thanks. Yes, it was flooding here which was serious but fortunately here in my particular area in Kansai where I live is no problems. Few week ago we had serious earthquake whereas I was called in and had to work shift on like 34 hours providing affected areas with necessities and other thing. After earthquake, people seek shelter in public school and some area became affected due to gas shortage so water and other thing was needed, and is our main job securing area that is affected so basically was a tough week.

Later, NGO/NPO and local city worker take over much of the work, but initially we in the JSDF including police and other authoritie are the one who first has to deal with those thing. Fortunately this time was OK, but always affected emotionally when seeing people have panic and children are crying, but those time is just matter of adrenaline but after get back home I crashed mentally for a week.

Anyway, weather here is HOT. Too hot. Cannot go outside. Totally impossible. Was around 34 celsius this morning.  :'( Sound like you have similar weather but worse in Cali. You have humid? We have so humid summer in Japan. I cannot believe it.

P

Yeah lots of people apparently died due to the floodings. Here in Sapporo nothing happened though. We just have a pretty cold  and rainy summer. Today was hot, humid and rainy though.

Protoman

In Kyoto there was a lot of rain but the river closest to me didn't flood and overall we didn't suffer a lot of deaths or damage, especially compared to Hiroshima, Shikoku, Kyushu... they got it bad. And a few weeks ago we had a 6.0 earthquake.. enough now, mother earth.

It's 33-36 degrees every day and... yeah it's not fun for a swedish person like me. I have to wear short-sleeves shirts for one and even though I hate wearing them because I look like I'm in 3rd grade I am kinda wishing I had some shorts right about now.

Retrospectives

Actually was only Osaka that got 6.1, Kyoto was on the 5-scale if I remember correctly. Day before we were put into "get ready" mode by our commander, because there was a minor quake day before which was felt though Osaka, so we had stand by and was ready. I remember our group came in from southwest and were directly thrown into hot bed because our division was one of the closest one to affected area which was in Kita Ku and Takatsuki Shi but overall the initial confusion we concluded the main damage been to the pipe of gas/water so we were commanded to deliver water to affected areas.

Many people of my generation and older from Kansai remember the Hanshin earthquake, and my Aunt lost her house, and so many dead people. I talked a lot of young people and they said this earthquake was the most seirous they felt in their life.

For me, luckily, I had not yet been commanded down to the west part of Japan (yet), since is not our jurisdiction but the west and 14th brigade has the control over those part, but anytime I can be called up and has to get down. Really I agree weather should stop being so bad this year.

Regards of heat, you can buy shirts cool, is good spray to spray on cloth and very commonly used. It works and give cooling feeling although maybe not perfect is better than nothing.  :D Ask シャツクール in any pharmacy or even konbini and they shoud have it. Then if not like wearing shorts, try get 3/4 lenght...At least then the legs don't getting trapped inside normal pants. Uniqlo is brand is cheap.

Hope everyone else here on FW who live/visit/or just stay in Japan (or other place) is safe. Each summer is same though regarding heat. Is a battle cannot win.  :-[

fcgamer

It's typhoon season in Taiwan!  The northern part of the country got slammed with Typhoon Maria, supposedly; in normal Taiwan fashion, people in Taipei were complaining about overcrowding, wishing they would have had the whole afternoon off (classes and work were cancelled from 16:30 onwards in that region, in my region nothing was cancelled though I made an executive decision to cancel my evening job).  I saw a quote where folks felt that had Taipei been relieved earlier, crowding would have been avoided as folks would have stopped for sandwiches and stuff before taking the subway to go home.  I guess my thoughs were though, if the weather really were so bad, I wouldn't be stopping for sandwiches either way ;)  So it just sounded like people wanted an excuse to be off work for an afternoon, and were upset when it didn't come, haha.

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

Glad you guys are all safe.  People have died and it's really awful.  I also saw that Manuel is safe and well also, as of course he's in Japan.

Weather is getting worse globally for sure, even England has been unbearably hot (27C+) for 3 week straight now, and that never happens.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

VegaVegas

Quote from: L___E___T on July 10, 2018, 02:53:49 pm
Weather is getting worse globally for sure, even England has been unbearably hot (27C+) for 3 week straight now, and that never happens.

Please transfer that temperature to Poland please

L___E___T

It's already moved on!  We have cooler cloudy skies here at last...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Retrospectives

MaxXimus

It's 45*C with the humidex right now. Quite unpleasant to say the very least.