Something You Learned Today

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 08, 2012, 12:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

I learned to never use superglue to fix a Famicom controller.
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

FamicomFreak

accepted that I have a mental illness and that I need help with it . I'll be getting it soon enough !
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

L___E___T

Glad to hear you are being open and taking best steps.  Is it anything to do with hoarding?  I only ask because I have been told I have telltale traits of a hoarder, and I might look into it more, as I saw it's considered an illness.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomFreak

Quote from: L___E___T on July 26, 2019, 04:21:17 am

Glad to hear you are being open and taking best steps.  Is it anything to do with hoarding?  I only ask because I have been told I have telltale traits of a hoarder, and I might look into it more, as I saw it's considered an illness.

We haven't really touched to that although it might be a side effect to what is going on with me. We shall see

L___E___T

OK hope you don't mind me asking, and wishing you all the best with all of this.  You know you've got friends here if you need any support buddy.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

The thing about mental illness, is that it makes you uniquely you. It doesn't have to be a label though. Acceptance is a great start in your journey. :)

I'm pretty open about my mental illness. If you ever need someone to chat with, just send me a PM!

Jedi Master Baiter

UglyJoe

P

In interviews before they said the reason was because he asked his boss Hiroshi Yamauchi to just call it the Famicom but Yamauchi dismissed the idea and said that he doesn't know what Famicom means but there's no doubt what Family Computer means. Looks like that explanation was not the full story.

This also explains why Sharp changed the FDS BIOS in the Twin so that it has a Famicom logo.

Jedi Master Baiter

In Double Dragon III you can kick projectile knives. :o

FamicomFreak

People are really jealous of me ... like really jealous !!!

Jedi Master Baiter

My laptop was officially 10 years old this July (I think)! :o I checked a bunch of files with Date Modified/Date Created and the oldest/most common I could find say 7/13/2009.

This is seriously scaring me. :( What are the chances nothing will break by 2020?

Yelir

Now that you boasted it will shit the bed, like my poor living room TV.  :(

Jedi Master Baiter

I am not boasting; I am confessing my failure to stay updated and procrastination in replacing my equipment in a timely manner.

What happened to your TV? Is it a CRT?

fcgamer

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on August 16, 2019, 10:43:00 pm
In Double Dragon III you can kick projectile knives. :o

Oh wow, I need to fire it up to try this
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com