NS-HUBASIC on Rosetta Code

Started by childishbeat, July 28, 2019, 12:08:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

childishbeat

July 28, 2019, 12:08:27 pm Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:25:48 pm by childishbeat
Some time ago, NS-HUBASIC, the dialect of BASIC used in Family BASIC, went on Rosetta Code. I hope you can help get more tasks to be completed in NS-HUBASIC on there. Here's some lists about NS-HUBASIC on Rosetta Code:

Post Merge: July 28, 2019, 12:25:48 pm

Some time ago, NS-HUBASIC, the dialect of BASIC used in Family BASIC, was added to Rosetta Code. I hope you can help get more tasks to be completed in NS-HUBASIC on there. Here's some lists about NS-HUBASIC on Rosetta Code:

L___E___T

Why did you post the same message twice?  Are you humanoid or bot?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

childishbeat

I didn't post the same message twice. Also the second message isn't an exact duplicate of the first message, but instead is actually a modification to the first message I made so it would be worded better.

P

It's basically a double post. Use the "modify" button to edit it and clean it up instead of posting it twice with edits. You did the same mistake before.

L___E___T

Modify button is golden.  I mainly wanted to check you weren't a spambot, as they do sneak in every now and then.

They post in the same style as your message, and while the links are usually hare krishna or ed pills I had to check.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

childishbeat

Personally, I just choose to keep those "mistakes" there to preserve them. That sounds artistic to you to some degree, right? If possible, why?

P

Not artistic at all, it's just annoying to read the same message twice. If you make a mistake you use the modify button, and if you really make any big changes that has the risk of confusing readers that first read your original message, you just add a note that explains whatever changes you made and why. Editing your post is allowed while double posting is actually against the rules.

Now I'm starting to get the feeling that you are some kind of advanced bot.

L___E___T

An interesting turn of events!  There are some incredibly clever people that excel at computer language but their brain works in what sometimes looks like an unusual way.  If you are skilled in computer languages, maybe it's just that.

I'm more creative than I am mathematic, but I wouldn't say "went on" vs "was added to" is artistic.  One is grammatically incorrect, but I wouldn't say the difference exudes any artistic flavour. 

It was a worthwhile post and thanks for coming to make it.  This thread took a bit of a derail for sure, but we're just trying to protect against stealth spam.

Have you coded anything in Family BASIC yourself?  Are you a programmer by profession, or a hobbyist for example?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

childishbeat

If I had only the choices of a programmer by profession, or a hobbyist for example, I'd go with a hobbyist for example.