March 29, 2024, 02:07:08 am

Multiple consoles to 1 tv

Started by pxlbluejay, August 08, 2019, 07:47:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

I've seen many articles on this one, but I've never seen one teaching you how to many connect retro console with rf outputs to a tv with a single antenna input. Is the best way just to get multiple switchboxes and a vcr and daisy chain everything? Or is there like an 8 way switchbox for rf?
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

Protoman

Dude you shouldn't be messing with RF, get you a TV with at least Scart/RCA inputs

zmaster18

You can get an RF slitter for cheap, or some RF boxes like the NES RF box has an extra input on it, so you could daisy chain them. This is pretty much the only option, there's nothing fancier than that.

pxlbluejay

Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

zmaster18

conrat4567

Depending on the consoles you should attempt to get them all away from RF. You can get decent composite switches for cheap or euro scart
Famicom and get some!

pxlbluejay

By now, none of my switchboxes are functioning correctly. My 3rd party switchbox for my Atari and my Colecovision has broken twin leads, my Famicom switch has no f type connector on it, so it doesn't stay on, and my Hyundai Super Comboy switch outputs a really fuzzy picture.

krzy

If I were you, I wouldnt daisy chain many devices to one scart connector. That makes extra capacitanc eon the video lines causing in reduction of quality.

Better make yourself a custom-made SCART switched (which will consist of relays for switching the a/v lines for active connection). You can make controlling even by remote.

boye

Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

P

A SCART-switcher will let you have composite, S-video and pure RGB with csync besides mono and stereo audio.

Avoiding RF on older systems like the Famicom isn't so easy though since you need to AV-mod them. But you might not have a choice if the TV doesn't take the RF signal.