Help with a DK arcade machine.

Started by MustardBubbles, November 08, 2020, 05:14:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MustardBubbles

I've recently purchased a Donkey Kong cocktail arcade machine. It's all original parts (to my knowledge) and in acceptable condition, especially for being nearly 40 years old. Everything works on it 99% of the time, accept if it's on too long or gets too warm, some graphical corruptions occur. I'm looking to see if anyone knows anything about arcade machine restoration on this forum.
To be concise, I'm looking for a restoration cost appraisal and trustworthy contractor to fix up the unit. (local or out of state, so long as they're good.)
I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has any knowledge that could help me out, please let me know!
I can post pictures of the unit if needed.
(I'm aware of the KLOV forums, but their user registration process is a bit obtuse. Unless there is someone on this forum that can recommend me to a moderator over there.)

MustardBubbles

Do I need to register an arcade-museum.com account before being allowed forum access?
If yes, would you be willing to pass along my account to have it approved if I provided you the details?

I'd really appreciate it, even if it takes time to do so.

MustardBubbles

If you wouldn't mind, could you let me know when a good time to make my profile and validate should be? It sounds like everything is a nightmare over at KLOV right now.

Should I hold off on posting any pictures until I have a profile on KLOV, or might you be interested in seeing the unit for yourself? I'd really appreciate any input from you regarding potential repairs or technical issues.

MustardBubbles

I attempted to clean the PCB with canned air, but to no avail.

The colors to the monitor have become oversaturated and dimmed substantially over time. Otherwise the unit appears to still function as normal, with the exception of the occasional minor graphical corruption when it's been powered on too long.

I'm curious to the status of KLOV. Is the sight registration system still under maintenance?