Site Updates Thread

Started by Doc, August 01, 2006, 09:25:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Quote from: Tetouani85 on November 11, 2019, 12:55:29 pm
Is there a plan to make a mobile version of this site ?
Currently when i vist this site on my phone it looks like the desktop version !!!!

The forum? Yes.  The website? Hopefully.

Tetouani85

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 11, 2019, 05:17:27 pm
Quote from: Tetouani85 on November 11, 2019, 12:55:29 pm
Is there a plan to make a mobile version of this site ?
Currently when i vist this site on my phone it looks like the desktop version !!!!

The forum? Yes.  The website? Hopefully.

Thanks

UglyJoe

Whoops, forgot to update this thread last time.

Just posted a new article today and had posted one back in November, as well.

Tecmo Theater Games

Super Mario Bros: 256 Worlds

fcgamer

Quote from: UglyJoe on February 06, 2021, 03:59:59 pmWhoops, forgot to update this thread last time.

Just posted a new article today and had posted one back in November, as well.

Tecmo Theater Games

Super Mario Bros: 256 Worlds

I sent my brother the article on the Mario 256 worlds, I think he'd find it interesting.

When he was in gradeschool, he used to hear rumours of world 9 on the playground. We talked about this recently, then I mentioned your article.

What I'm guessing is that somewhere within the greater area someone had obtained one of the hacked Super Mario bootleg carts, that allowed you to access the extra levels from the title screen. This would lead to the rumours starting, and circulating all the way to rural Pennsylvania.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

portnoyd

That was a pretty cool article (Worlds 256).

UglyJoe

Quote from: fcgamer on March 11, 2021, 05:41:15 pmWhat I'm guessing is that somewhere within the greater area someone had obtained one of the hacked Super Mario bootleg carts, that allowed you to access the extra levels from the title screen. This would lead to the rumours starting, and circulating all the way to rural Pennsylvania.

It's kinda crazy how pirate goods get around.  One of my uncles had a small collection of NES stuff when I was a kid.  We didn't visit often, but I remember he had a ROB since I had never seen one in person before.  Anyway, my older brother swears that he played a version of SMB there that had mushrooms that hurt you instead of making you bigger.  He didn't think much of it until Lost Levels was released on the SNES and he put two and two together.  So, even way back in the day, it seems like some pirate NES cart with SMB2 on it made its way to the suburbia of South Jersey ;D

Quote from: portnoyd on March 11, 2021, 06:24:53 pmThat was a pretty cool article (Worlds 256).

Thanks!  If you have any ideas for future articles please let me know.  I'm working on one about how to cheat in Hyper Olympic, but after that I am pretty much out of ideas!

ericj

Quote from: fcgamer on March 11, 2021, 05:41:15 pmThis would lead to the rumours starting, and circulating all the way to rural Pennsylvania.

I'm from rural Pennsylvania, too. Never heard these rumors, though! :)

L___E___T

What about following up the recent Gimmick OST article with something about the new(ish) arcade version of Gimmick!

Not sure if you already saw this or not - nobody mentioned it - https://exa.ac/en/games/gimmick-exact-mix/?v=0f177369a3b7
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。