Games Lists (errors and additions)

Started by the_wizard_666, August 01, 2006, 04:57:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Oh I see. ::) I searched 'Robot Gyro' then 'Robot Block' then just 'Robot' then 'Block' and after finding the Block Set I typed in 'Gyro Set.'

Now I see the distinguishment between the game and whole set, but you need the damn game to actually play with the toy! >:( Unless you're UglyJoe. :D https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9691.0

P

Yeah well it's not like they are sold separately. I've seen 3D-print files of the blocks, and I guess you could make your own using PET-bottle-caps for the blocks and a sponge for the Block Set hands. The gyroes and the robot are harder to reproduce.

Yup that's one of the coolest Family BASIC programs. :)

Oh BTW I looked up "koma" and it can also mean "spinning top", so I guess that's what they are supposed to mean and not pawns.

Vitani

March 15, 2022, 10:54:59 pm #92 Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 11:29:59 pm by Vitani
I was looking at the game list on this wonderful site for a project I have been working through since the fall of 2005 to watch or play through every licensed or unlicensed game accepted as part of a console library from the first generation of gaming through the 5th generation. I completed the first two generations and finished the NES list of the third generation, but am still working through the Famicom library which is massive. That and the Terebikko are the only two remaining third generation systems.

Anyhow I noticed in the database two potential errors. One is that the company Varie is spelled as Vaire for the game Parareru World. The second is that Great Boxing: Rush Up by Visco appears to be the Japanese counterpart of the NES release of Romstar's World Champ though no NES NTSC listing is shown in the database.

I noticed three games in the database are listed as Victor Interactive which is impossible since JVCKenwood Victor Entertainment created this entity after Pack-In-Video was merged with Victor Entertainment in 1996. These games should show as Victor Musical which is how the Famicom carts are labeled.

UglyJoe

March 18, 2022, 07:20:08 pm #93 Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:51:12 pm by UglyJoe
Thanks for reporting these issues!

I have updated the game list accordingly.

---

Also did a little Spring cleaning since I was in there -- deleted three entries that were confused romanizations of games that were already in the list.

"M-Kara no Chousenjou (?)" was a duplicate of "Mei Tantei Holmes: M Kara no Chousenjou"

"Nakiri Yagyou (?)" was a bad romanization of "Hyakki Yagyou".  (The game's title is 百鬼夜行, which is set phrase.  But if you take 百鬼 on its own it can be the family name Nakiri)

"Suzugou (?)" was a bad romanization of "Jangou".  (Title is 雀豪.  While 雀 is apparently "suzume" on its own, it is also the second half of the word Mahjong; since this is a Mahjong game, it is intended to be romanized as such).

Vitani

I was looking at Famicom Meijin Sen which has CNK listed as the publisher. I love mahjong and other board games. This game was actually published by SNK. It appears to be a typo. The developer name is missing which is Alpha Denshi.

Vitani

Iron Tank: The Invasion of Normandy is the NTSC of Great Tank by SNK.

https://tcrf.net/Iron_Tank  I also found the hidden programmer code of this game to be quite hilarious. Since it involves company staff using foul language to describe Nintendo I will not post it here but you can see it by following in the link which also shows the region differences.

UglyJoe

I have updated those two game entries. Thanks!

Vitani

There are a few entries here that are confusing from Nintendo.
Tantei Club: Kieta Koukeisha Zenpen       04/27/1988   Nintendo
Famicom Tanteikurabu: Kieta Koukeisha Kouhen   FMC-TC1   06/14/1988   Nintendo
Famicom Tanteikurabu: Kieta Koukeisha Zenpen   FMC-TC2   1988   Nintendo

When I was doing research on this game my sources stated that the first part of the game Zenpen was released on 4/27/1988 followed by Kouhen on 6/14/1988.

I think the first one should be eliminated and the date on the third one should be expanded to 6/14/1988.

UglyJoe

Yup, you are right, that extra entry shouldn't be there.

I deleted that one and fixed the date in the other.  I also fixed the product codes since we had Zenpen and Kouhen reversed.

We actually had Zenpen and Kouhen reversed for all of those Nintendo FDS adventure games, so fixed the product code on all of them. 

Also deleted two "extra" entries Famicom Mukashi Banashi Shin Onigashima.

And also updated the Time Twist entries to have the full title and release date.

dingsbums

The Famicom game list has still a few errors I think:

Solitaire - American Video Entertainment    = I dont think there was a Famicom version of this game released.
Antartic Adventure / Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibouken   = it's the same game (RC804) listed twice under both titles
Tom Sawyer no Bouken   = its listed under Squaresoft (SQF-T4) - thats wrong. It's a game by Seta (KKS-YB / 04)
Solar Jetman - Tradewest       = This game was not released in Japan at all.

UglyJoe

Thanks for letting us know!

All your errors check out, so I updated the game list.

Solitaire - Deleted
Antarctic Adventure - Was actually a quirk with how our list is organized; should only list once now
Tom Sawyer - Checks out, updated the Seta entry
Solar Jetman - Deleted

dingsbums

No problem mate.
Its the best list on the Net so its best it has so few errors as possible :)

I think I found another one:
Bikkuriman World: Gekitou Sei Senshi is listed under Nintendo but its a game published by Hudson.

UglyJoe

Quote from: dingsbums on June 27, 2023, 09:54:43 amBikkuriman World: Gekitou Sei Senshi is listed under Nintendo but its a game published by Hudson.

Yup, definitely Hudson and not Nintendo.  We had the product code wrong, as well.  Thanks!

Rohan1979

I have a folder of Japanese box scans.
ROHAN1979

dingsbums

Found another error under Sunsoft:

The Wing of Madoola and Madar no Tsubasa seem to be the same game listed under both titles.The Wing of Madoola seems to be the correct / more commonly used title.