March 28, 2024, 01:29:24 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NationalGameDepot

Just watched "I am Legend" with Will Smith. Kinda depressed me to be honest....
~~NGD

manuel

Quote from: Flash1087 on March 24, 2008, 09:46:29 pm
Quote from: manuel on March 24, 2008, 11:08:35 am
Watched several episodes of "Keroro Gunsou" over the weekend.
It's a quite enjoyable anime if you get (all) the masses of hidden references and in-jokes.  :D

I read some of the translated manga. That's Sgt. Frog, right? I loved what I read of it, funny as heck.

Correct.  :D
I will try to find the manga for cheap in Japan, too.

MaxXimus

I watched Shutter the other day. It waqs pretty good, though it doesn't compare at all to the original import.

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Home Improvement rules! *grunt*

I've ordered the 8th season box set yesterday. It will be out in June.  :D

also yesterday:

I watched soccer. Switzerland vs Germany 0:4
Nice game. 8)
Looking forward to the Euro Championships in June. :D

JC

Waterworld -- has some good humor, but kinda lackluster. I've been ill, so I've been watching too much TV. :P

Flash1087

No Country For Old Men with my new girlfriend. I love that movie so much.

JC

People have been begging me to watch that (it was filmed in my state and we take great pride in that, for some reason). I'll have to give it a go.

manuel

Watched a documentary about Chernobyl and how wild animals are living there without human influence now. Very interesting.

JC

That sounds like a cool documentary. Reminds me of when scientists discovered an almost completely sealed cave. It'd been sealed for millions of years, they said, and the creatures they found inside had been isolated, in their own ecosystem. You can imagine how different things would develop. To point out the obvious, none of the creatures had eyes.

I watched No Country for Old Men. While I found the serial killer character to be compelling and unique, I didn't like the movie at all. Kinda slow, kinda boring -- and the story didn't seem to wrap itself up like it needed to.

manuel

Hot Fuzz

Very entertaining and quite similar to Shaun of the Dead (what could you expect with the same director and main cast).

Flash1087

I love Hot Fuzz. I actually think it's funnier than Shaun.

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

manuel

Some bonus materials from the first season DVD set of King of Queens.The making of is very interesting.