What are you listening to now?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Smashing Pumpkins - The Aeroplane Flies High

Quote from: Agent X on November 22, 2008, 01:44:53 pm
Currently listening to the song Portions for Foxes ~Rilo Kiley.

Nice one!  I didn't like her second solo album too much, though.  It took the first one a little time to grow on me, but this one just isn't doing it for me.

Agent X

I haven't heard her latest solo album of "Acid Tongue" yet but I did like Rabbit Fur Coat.  But I think she really needs to just stick with her group Rilo Kiley.  It's like how Hope Sandoval (of Mazzy Star fame) still sounded great on her own collaborating with others for Bavarian Fruit Bread as HP & The Warm Inventions... but while her voice still carries a man away on a cloud, her collaboration with David Roback as Mazzy Star truly put one on a vision quest.  It's kind of how I feel about Jenny Lewis with Rilo Kiley.  Together it's awesome.  BoDeans had the same problem when they broke up briefly to do solo ablums. As of today I finally managed to pick up Rilo's Under the Black Light up in Austin today.  I'd actually held off on buying it until I heard The Moneymaker, and I was sold, turns out I love this album "almost" as much as *More Adventurous* but not quite.  I still have yet to hear their first two albums though, and I'm still a bit upset I missed seeing them play at Stubbies October of '07.  I'll bet she's a riot to hang out with.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

JC

UglyJoe

Flash1087

ACDBR

November 27, 2008, 09:49:39 pm #485 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:09:27 am by ACDBR
Quote from: JC on November 26, 2008, 07:44:05 pm
Joy Division
Sweet,  I was just listening to New Order.

Doc

thegreatgonzo

Dance, puppets... dance!

Doc

son_ov_hades

Doc

JC

TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me -- great bass.

Doc

Huey Lewis & the News - Hope You Love Me Like You Say You Do

JC

son_ov_hades