April 20, 2024, 12:23:28 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I watched the first two. I enjoyed them because they were shocking...not in the stunning sense, but in the weak at the knees sense. But I also found them to be a bit predictable and, unfortunately, shallow. But what can you expect from thrillers, right?

Jedi Master Baiter

Oh yeah - I saw the Exorcist yesterday - great movie. :o

Pretty funny, too.

JC

I watched the Exorcist for the first time about a year ago. And I can see where you're coming from when saying it was funny. Maybe it would have scared me back in the day when it first opened, because horror was pathetic back then, lacking a whole lot of ability to be convincing. I guess it came more at the turn from that lack to having the ability. Anyway, the only part that got me at the knees was when the chick was masterbating (if you can call it that) with the crucifix. Makes my muscles quiver. I haven't seen a good horror flick in a long time. Last one I remember being good was Scream, but in particular the opening scene with Drew Barrymore. So damn frightening, especially when you live out in the middle of no where like she did.

JC

I'm pretty sure it was masterbating, but obviously very violently. I think I recall blood. Perhaps you could call it stabbing herself, but it seemed to be oddly sexual. And I don't recall that line. I remember how big of a deal it was when I was in my first year of college to visit the Exorcist stair in Georgetown, DC. They are quiet impressive and eerie. And no doubt if you tumbled down them, you'd die. But the house that the priest was supposed to have been tossed out of was too far from the stairs for it to have been anything more than clever filmaking that brought the two closer together.

Doc

Pardon The Interruption on ESPN.

JC

A Simpsons clip online...if that counts.

Doc

Yep. :)

NFL Live, waiting until 5.

Doc

Doc

Doc

JC

Confederate States of America -- boring. :(

Doc

Match Game '75 on GSN, and some NCAA CBS College Basketball today.

TheSSNintendo

Watched Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace last night.

JC

Switchstance

Captain Tsubasa 1st. Sesson DVD
Famicom lover