March 28, 2024, 08:27:08 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

Agent X

January 02, 2009, 12:42:54 am #781 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:17:26 am by Agent X
Just saw this film for the first time...

Tiger Joe, (1981) starring David Warbeck, Annie Belle, Tony King, Alan Collins, Giancarlo Badessi, Director Anthony M. Dawson, Dare To Stop Him! In this action-packed tradition of Rambo, Tiger Joe, starring David Warbeck, Allan Collins and Annie Belle (House On The Edge Of The Park) explodes as three U.S. military men return to the steamy jungles of Cambodia and dare to challenge the enemy hidden there. Tiger Joe (Warbeck) once an Air Force Phantom pilot during the Vietnam war, is now a gun-runner for the Cambodian nationalists. He and two of his war-time buddies risk their lives for the nationalist cause. On a very dangerous mission, Tiger Joe is shot down, captured and tortured by the enemy guerrillas. His only hope of survival is to somehow escape and travel inside the jungle. Through the help of a beautiful medic, Tiger Joe breaks out and takes on the guerrillas on his own. They tried to stop him, but Tiger Joe was ready for the battle of his life!

The particular print of the movie I have is in a letter boxed format from off of an S-VHS Master Tape to DVD transfer, with Japanese subtitles appearing [burned in] at the bottom of the screen even though dialogue is in English.  It was not a stand alone movie however, but rather came in a (3) DVD box set with 9 other films called: MERCS: Soldiers of Fortune 10 Pack DVD Film Collection for a mere $14.99 at BEST BUY or $17.99 on Amazon.  Don't expect a slick budgeted masterpiece, but it's action in the vein of RAMBO: First Blood Part 2 and Uncommon Valor, which are both equally good films, though it's interesting to note that this film predates the 2003 film Tears of the Sun by 27 years and deals with similar issues of "Ethnic Cleansing/Genocide" and the people caught up in it... though this flick was going for the pure entertainment angle and delivers a plenty, though it is B-GRADE and paced.  It's not all lock 'n load and rock 'n roll.  I had a lot of fun with this film, I think anyone who accepts it for what it is will to.  Sucks I'm just now discovering this David Warbeck dude, he seems kinda cool... only to learn he died in 1997. :(
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

nurd

January 02, 2009, 03:27:17 pm #782 Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 10:45:17 pm by nurd
Across The Universe

EDIT- Just got back from Valkyrie.

Don't go to it, it isn't good.

It smelled like marijuana outside the theater  :)

JC

I'd heard the movie was terrible. I watched a neat documentary about it on the History Channel, though, which I'd recommend people watch instead.

Mindfreak

thegreatgonzo

Dance, puppets... dance!

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Jedi Master Baiter

I saw The Spirit about two weeks ago.

manuel

zombiepowder

2 Kurosawa Films:

"Sanjuro"

and

"High and Low"
OBEY GIANT
巨人を靡く。
Submit to Mugen
ムゲンを屈伏。