Contacts at Nintendo!

Started by PatMan33, December 16, 2008, 09:57:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PatMan33

December 23, 2008, 03:08:44 am #15 Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 03:54:15 am by PatMan33
Fair enough. I'm gonna poke around a little little.

nensondubois

Well we could get a petition to Nintendo asking them to bring back support for the Famicom and Disk system In Japan.

JC

Heh...like that NES petition. :P

L___E___T

I work in the games industry at a publisher, but I'd rather not say where.

What I'm saying is, I can answer SOME questions regarding current gen hardware etc.  I have contacts at Capcom, Konami, Namco Bandai in fact most of the publishers that have offices outside Japan but secrets are secrets and people's jobs and livelihood depend on them.

I got a lucky break but if there's easy questions I can answer I can help with some honest answers?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomFreak

I know someone that works on Nintendo. I can't tell you much about it but I get to find out stuff that's coming before it's announced to the public.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

If he tells you early, then that person is breaching his contract, right? Usually they have to sign NDAs.

nintendodork

Not as long as no one else knows about it ;)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

I think Manuel is correct; regardless, it's unethical behavior. If I were his supervisor, I'd terminate him. Nintendo is a publicly traded company. Disclosing information before it is released to the public violates SEC regulations.

manuel

Quote from: nintendodork on February 11, 2009, 05:20:06 pm
Not as long as no one else knows about it ;)

Even when nobody knows it's breach of contract and not a smart thing to do.

nintendodork

True.  Can you believe I learned the opposite of that sentence from my science teacher? :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Teachers aren't always correct. The best thing you can learn to do is to think, question, research, and analyze for yourself.  ;)

nintendodork

I have learned that over the years.  We have some pretty ignorant teachers in our district...
My brother's teacher started picking his nose, my brother look over while the teacher was looking at the *ahem* item that was on his hand...the teacher saw him, and then put his other hand up to try and make it look like he was doing something else I guess :D

PatMan33

So do you think this contact can do anything to help Famicom World out?

manuel

Doc

Quote from: PatMan33 on February 11, 2009, 10:24:29 pm
So do you think this contact can do anything to help Famicom World out?

Unless he worked for Nintendo in the 80's, definitely not.