March 28, 2024, 07:04:52 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreatgonzo

"Street Kings" with Keanu  Reeves, Forrest Whittaker, and Hugh  Laurie (from "House")
Just an overall great movie. I'm surprised I never heard of it until now.
Dance, puppets... dance!

Nightstar699

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

manuel

UglyJoe

Secret Girlfriend

This is the surprise-show of the year for me.  I expected it to be completely unwatchable but it's surprisingly well-written.

son_ov_hades

I also saw Secret Girlfriend, it reaffirmed that Comedy Central needs to stop showing anything beside South Park, The Daily Show, Colbert Report, and stand up. I didn't laugh once.

Nightstar699

I too saw secret girlfriend. I didnt like it. But thats just me!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

son_ov_hades

UglyJoe

Time of Eve.  Anime about android ethics?  I'm there!  You can watch the whole series (legally) here:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Time_of_Eve

Jedi Master Baiter

UglyJoe

Where the Wild Things Are

Good puppetry/cg, good soundtrack.  Story was kinda random, although I think that was kinda the point.

ericj

The Fourth Kind.

It started off kind of slow, but got interesting as it went on. I probably wouldn't see it again, though.

nensondubois

Watched various rugrats episodes on Youtube. The grown up version sucks in every way.

cubelmariomadness

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 08, 2009, 03:14:51 pm
Where the Wild Things Are

Good puppetry/cg, good soundtrack.  Story was kinda random, although I think that was kinda the point.

I saw that movie. I thought it was kind of umm.... Weird.
And it ended in a sort of bad way. Instead of a good ending, he just lets the...things.... down, then sails off.
Sorry folks.

UglyJoe

Um...semi-spoilers ahead for Where the Wild Things Are.  Fair warning.

Well, yeah.  The monsters are all metaphors for his life, personality, and imagination.  He tried to make sense of them and make everyone happy.  Life and people simply don't work that way, so there was no way he could do what he promised.  The lesson is that you can't make everyone happy all of the time.  It dawns on him that his mom is a far better "king" than he is and so he returns home, perhaps also realizing that he's a brat and that his sister understands things that he doesn't. 

It wasn't a happy ending, but it managed to be a realistic ending without being a total downer.  It shows that life isn't simple, but that there are people who love you and that there are still a lot of good times to be had -- just not all the time.  That was my interpretation, anyway.

nensondubois

A Bug's Life - I still like this movie.