List of BIC / Codemasters releases

Started by JC, January 31, 2010, 04:38:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

January 31, 2010, 04:38:47 pm Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:28:31 pm by JC
Can anyone confirm the unconfirmed BIC/Codemasters Famicom games with a photo or other info. I'm looking to see if there are official BIC carts for the unconfirmed (I've seen what looks like a pirated Big Nose: The Caveman):

CONFIRMED

Bee 52
Big Nose Freaks Out
Big Nose: The Caveman
Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, The
Linus Spacehead's "Cosmic Crusade"
MicroMachines
Mig 29: Soviet Fighter
Pegasus 4 in 1 (two versions)
Pegasus 5 in 1
Quattro Adventure
Quattro Arcade
Stunt Kids
Ultimate Stuntman
Videomation

UNCONFIRMED

Fire Dragon
Quattro Sports

MS-DOS4

January 31, 2010, 04:50:03 pm #1 Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:56:20 pm by MS-DOS4
I only have The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy.

edit: oh whoops. I didn't read.

I guess all I can offer you now is that it also came in a weird looking box.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

Nightstar699

Pegasus 4in1? Thats what my quattro arcade is called in-game. Have you seen a cart with a Pegasus 4in1 label?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

JC

I based my list on the NES titles. There's definitely a unique label for Famicom Pegasus 5 in 1, but I'm not sure 4 in 1 is different from Quattro Arcade.

If that silver box is the one you're talking about, that's not the box that originally came with that game.

MWK

JC, according to jbholio's site and my Polish sources there is a "Big Nose: The Caveman" game cartridge - i saw it and had it years ago so You can consider it as a "confirmed" title ;-)

Also (once again jbholio's site comes handy) the "Pegasus 4in1" cart is the same as "Quattro Arcade" BUT there was a two different sets of games on "Quattro Arcade" - the one i know from Poland :

and the other from jbholio's site (never saw it in my life, especially as a FC cart) :

>> http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/fd491499/nintendo/nes/codemasters/quattroarcade/

Final word for that "Pegasus 5in1" aka "Golden Five" in Poland, here it is :

JC

Nice, so that just leaves Quattro Sports and any other games I don't know about. For example, Videomation isn't a Codemasters title, from what I can tell, but it was released by BIC and is an original.

MWK

Quote from: JC on February 01, 2010, 10:40:29 am
For example, Videomation isn't a Codemasters title, from what I can tell, but it was released by BIC and is an original.

Yes, it's a BIC production :

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

jbholio

Quote from: JC on January 31, 2010, 04:38:47 pm
Can anyone confirm the unconfirmed BIC/Codemasters Famicom games with a photo or other info. I'm looking to see if there are official BIC carts for the unconfirmed (I've seen what looks like a pirated Big Nose: The Caveman):

CONFIRMED

Bee 52  -- YES
Big Nose Freaks Out -- YES
Big Nose: The Caveman -- YES
Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, The -- YES (there are 2 different labels)
Linus Spacehead's "Cosmic Crusade" -- Never seen this one
MicroMachines -- YES (labels reads Micro Motion)
Mig 29: Soviet Fighter -- Never seen this one
Pegasus 4 in 1 (two versions) -- I have only seen one version (Boomerang Kid, Super Robin Hood, Go! Dizzy Go! and Soccer simulator). Which games are on the other version?
Pegasus 5 in 1 -- YES
Quattro Adventure -- YES (only seen this one with chinese letters)
Quattro Arcade -- YES (only seen this one with chinese letters)
Stunt Kids -- YES
Ultimate Stuntman  -- YES
Videomation -- YES but game is not developed by Codemasters. I have a brazilian 72 pins cart with the BIC copyright screen.

UNCONFIRMED

Quattro Sports -- Don't think it exists

Realtec also published a bunch of games from Codemasters :

BMX Simulator
Boomerang Kid
Go! Dizzy Go!
Soccer Simulator (2 different labels)
Super Robin Hood
Treasure Island Dizzy
Ultimate Stuntman

I've seen Realtec boxes for these games but no cartridges :
Bee 52
Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy

JC

I've never seen a single Realtec game for sale. The only thing I've seen is Realtec's Game Genie. Must be rare ones.

mrdomino

just came across this via a polish forum:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_tbPUSWhIUVo/SwzoJB0PmyI/AAAAAAAAAtc/qW5ALAY3fRQ/BIC_cardridge_iq-502.jpg

most of the games are already known, but you can see Fire Dragon (i'm assuming this is the Snake clone by Gamtec) and the other version of Quattro Arcade towards the back.
some of my stuff: twitter // super multi // handheld underground

JC

Hmm...wonder if Fire Dragon was just in the ad pic or was actually released.

jbholio

Quote from: JC on February 02, 2010, 07:16:29 pm
Hmm...wonder if Fire Dragon was just in the ad pic or was actually released.

I have a picture of a 72 pins black NES cartridge with the same label. It doesn't say BIC on it but it has the Gametec logo on the upper right side of the label. If I remembre correctly, I got the picture from a brazilian auction site.

MWK

February 09, 2010, 01:05:30 pm #13 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:58:05 am by MWK
and another BigNose single :

edit:: those are from my polish buddy adamstar1.

fcgamer

Hate to bump a thread this old, but have a question.  Some of the games were released in NES boxes, and then had trays in them to fit the Famicom games (i.e. look at the pic of Fantastic Dizzy).  Does anyone know if these games were also released in small box form?  I have a CIB Bic Mig 29, and it has the regular NES box, and was wondering if Bic had ever released it in a smaller box, more the appropriate size of a Famicom game.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com