Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

L___E___T

verdict?  You gotta say if it was good or not, that's the whole point! :P
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

son_ov_hades

I just watched the pilot of the UK version of The Office. Being a huge fan of the US show, I'm not sure how I'll like this one.

L___E___T

July 13, 2010, 01:13:56 am #1668 Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:29:31 am by L___E___T
You do know the UK one is the original and the US a port, right??

I've seen both but being a Brit I much prefer the subtelty of the original.
To me the US one is great for its own reasons, but I think a lot of British humour doesn't translate well over to the states because it's often poltical humour or very dry.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

son_ov_hades

Yeah I know our version is a remake of sorts. I've seen a few of the episodes of series one and I like it so far, Ricky Gervais is pretty damn hilarious. That said I prefer the US version's fluid narrative and laugh out loud humor. I also have to struggle sometimes to understand their accents haha. British humor doesn't translate all that well in the US in most cases, but I do love Monty Python. 

nensondubois

Some episodes of Psych from the most recent season.

JC

Some boxing. Kind of boring. First round stoppages suck.

MarioMania

133MHz

UglyJoe

133MHz

Same here! I'm blinded with awesomeness :o

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

nintendodork

On Friday, I bought the first Death Note box set, so I've been watching that.  Anime is so expensive!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

Watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with subtitles on Saturday.  I'm terrible at following movies like this, but I absolutely loved the way they used computers.  Instead of making up fake programs, they just used actual Macs the whole time.  Hacking was the girl running a shell script that connected to the other computer with VNC.  Instead of "zoom! enhance!" it was "open with Photoshop, adjust contrast, and use the histogram tool to remove the brightest whites."

Watched Moon today, which felt like a great Twilight Zone episode.  Good stuff.