Price Check

Started by Dain, July 25, 2007, 02:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterDisk

For SMB2j pirates: Depends of how is title screen, if luigi physics are different and if it include cheats.

Cheetahmen

Quote from: MasterDisk on April 26, 2012, 04:10:23 am
For SMB2j pirates: Depends of how is title screen, if luigi physics are different and if it include cheats.
I wasn't aware that there were pirates of it where Luigi's physics are the same as Mario's. Also, do the ones with cheats go for more than the other ones? ???
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Parodius Duh

Quote from: Cheetahmen on April 26, 2012, 05:53:26 am
Quote from: MasterDisk on April 26, 2012, 04:10:23 am
I wasn't aware that there were pirates of it where Luigi's physics are the same as Mario's. Also, do the ones with cheats go for more than the other ones? ???
[/quote

I wasnt aware about the Luigi physics either, wait what does that even mean? Luigis on the title screen and the main playable character? I dont think if it has cheat codes or not should make a big difference in the value really. I mean, you dont have to use the cheat codes. Preferably if it came down to it, I would want the release without built in cheat or like 50+ lives.

MasterDisk

Well they usually include level select so it kinda help as you can't save on them. These have been going for a bit more than the others.

I have been told be reliable people that there's one version in which luigi jumps as high as mario.

pirate

This is not Magic Carpet.

MasterDisk

It's a common game.

The title screen is in chinese or english?

I'd say about $17 but i could be wrong.

ericj

Is this game a hack of Wacky Races?

pirate

April 28, 2012, 12:20:39 pm #1012 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:10:24 pm by pirate
Quote from: MasterDisk on April 28, 2012, 11:39:03 am
It's a common game.

The title screen is in chinese or english?

I'd say about $17 but i could be wrong.

Title screen is both Engish & Chinese,smaller Harry's Legend and bigger chinese.
I think 20 USD shipped a fair price. Isnt it ?

MasterDisk

Yeah I guess it's the right price. Just wondering, what does it says on top of the cart?

Does it have stage select at the begining?

pirate

April 28, 2012, 01:08:42 pm #1014 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:43:24 pm by pirate
Gamestar, it is a Turkish brand.
Yes there is stage select at the begining.

Post Merge: April 28, 2012, 02:40:35 pm

Quote from: ericj on April 28, 2012, 11:41:56 am
Is this game a hack of Wacky Races?

No it is not.

http://famicomworld.com/game/438/

Phosphora

Found this when going through an old box today.  :D

I picked this up many many moons ago in Japan at a Hard-Off Junk store for around 500Yen. I didn't have a Disk System at the time, just liked the cool Bubble Bobble "Pencil pouch" case
The Giant manual is pretty cool too!

You don't see many complete retail copies of Bubble Bobble in the world, I believe my count from searching online is only 5.
Including mine, 2 sold on ebay, and there were 3 displayed or sold on private websites.

Rarity doesn't equal value, but I sure don't hear much about complete Bubble Bobble disks on the web.
Is this common and I don't know it? Either way, it's best best darn $5 Pencil pouch I ever bought! ;D

Parodius Duh

its rare, theres definitely more than 5 out there, Id say a few hundred. Its worth quite a bit, last one I saw sold for about $200

manuel

That's very neat, and no matter how you look at it, it's worth far more than you paid. Great find for 500 Yen I'd say!

Jedi Master Baiter

That was definitely a great find. Lucky cha-cha-cha wow! :bub: :D

Phosphora

April 28, 2012, 11:54:55 pm #1019 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:44:16 am by Phosphora
Quote from: Parodius Duh on April 28, 2012, 11:40:57 pm
its rare, theres definitely more than 5 out there, Id say a few hundred. Its worth quite a bit, last one I saw sold for about $200

Good stuff, I meant only 5 I could individually trace online as of today from search engine results. $200 is way more than I thought it was worth.

Bubble Bobble was a huge hit internationally.
Is this rare because they sold few at retail, because they had it in the disk writer, or because people like me wanted it for a pencil pouch?

Quote from: manuel on April 28, 2012, 11:44:57 pm
That's very neat, and no matter how you look at it, it's worth far more than you paid. Great find for 500 Yen I'd say!

Heck yeah, glad I never stored pencils and pens in it!  :-[

Post Merge: April 28, 2012, 11:58:54 pm

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 28, 2012, 11:51:21 pm
That was definitely a great find. Lucky cha-cha-cha wow! :bub: :D

Lucky cha-cha-cha WOW! INVADE Famicom Disk Sukar-Monsuta Super-Drunk!  :bub:

The inside of the manual is cool, mostly is a guide to the value of items, random artwork, and Famicom Disk Warnings. I also should mention that it's a bit difficult to get the manual out of the pencil pouch (and even harder to get back in). I wish they made the manual a little bit smaller.

Lesson learned: After wowing people with the Cha-Cha dance I will only invade the sukar monsta on this Famicom Disk when I'm way super-drunk.

I'm quite thrilled that my "junk" FDS purchase is the highlight of my FDS collection that I just started this year. :)