Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 13, 2013, 02:11:41 am
Beat FC Genjin. I loved it, but it's without a doubt one of the easiest games I've ever played. About to play Boku Dracula Kun now.

Dracula Kun was nice, but oh so easy as well so I stopped playing and saved it for later.  I suppose it's a kid's game after all to some extent.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Quote from: L___E___T on February 19, 2013, 04:27:24 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 13, 2013, 02:11:41 am
Beat FC Genjin. I loved it, but it's without a doubt one of the easiest games I've ever played. About to play Boku Dracula Kun now.

Dracula Kun was nice, but oh so easy as well so I stopped playing and saved it for later.  I suppose it's a kid's game after all to some extent.

See, I thought most of that game was easy, but the last level... holy hell that stage took me a while to beat. I didn't use a single continue until I got there... I guess it'd be easy if you still manage to keep your five hearts (I.E. don't get a game over) otherwise it's down to three, which leaves very little room for error... and in a stage with 3 bosses, zero checkpoints, zero items or health refills... it gives me shivers just thinking about it. Maybe I just suck at Dracula Kun.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

ericj

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 19, 2013, 08:13:05 am
See, I thought most of that game was easy, but the last level... holy hell that stage took me a while to beat. I didn't use a single continue until I got there... I guess it'd be easy if you still manage to keep your five hearts (I.E. don't get a game over) otherwise it's down to three, which leaves very little room for error... and in a stage with 3 bosses, zero checkpoints, zero items or health refills... it gives me shivers just thinking about it. Maybe I just suck at Dracula Kun.

I agree. I thought the last level was terribly difficult. The rest of the game was fairly easy, though.

Nightstar699

Agreed, Eric. Speaking of which, I just beat  Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy. That game got hellishly frustrating in some parts, and the final level especially took me many tries, but still a great game. My first time completing it after owning it for a few months.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Nightstar699

Gun Nac. Got to the last level but just couldn't do it, not worth even trying. Gotta love that shoot-em-up "you died, so you lose ALL your powerups, and therefore have zero shot of beating the game" bullshit. What a brainless way to inject "challenge" into a game. The game would be mindlessly easy had it not been for that one factor.

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 25, 2013, 03:31:44 am
Gun Nac. Got to the last level but just couldn't do it, not worth even trying. Gotta love that shoot-em-up "you died, so you lose ALL your powerups, and therefore have zero shot of beating the game" bullshit. What a brainless way to inject "challenge" into a game. The game would be mindlessly easy had it not been for that one factor.

I think you'll find that a lot of games at the time did that, but I'd agree with you on it being stupid a lot of the time. :bomb:
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Nightstar699

Quote from: Cheetahmen on February 25, 2013, 09:32:00 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 25, 2013, 03:31:44 am

I think you'll find that a lot of games at the time did that, but I'd agree with you on it being stupid a lot of the time. :bomb:

True. It made sense in the arcades because obviously in the situation of arcade games, it'd leave the player with no other option but keep unloading quarter after quarter if they wish to complete the game... but for a console game like Gun Nac? I guess they'd do it to stay true to the arcade style of shoot 'em ups.... or they just wanted to piss me off 20 years later.

Sometime I'll attempt beating Gun Nac again... it's the same type of deal as Silver Surfer, your only chance of beating the game is to do a no-death run so you'll get to keep your weapons.

ebinsugewa

For me it was Atlantis no Nazo.

Quote from: Strider_Hiryu on February 16, 2013, 10:33:02 am
Just played 53 stations of tokaidou

Playing and singing too...lalalalala  :cherry:

For anyone who doesn't know, the 53 Stations song has lyrics! You can read them here: http://i.imgur.com/8WuHsl.jpg

http://chirb.it/7N0CnE is the polished version, but I prefer this one: http://z0r.de/4136  ;D

Nightstar699

Just beat Banana Prince... now among my favorite games, wonderful platformer. Since I can't read Japanese, the quizzes were a nightmare, though... I pretty much just had to guess my way through them and they took forever.

I also beat Rockman 5 and Harry's Legend yesterday.

mario3648

Super Mario Bros. 2?

I hope emulators count.

Nightstar699

They count at making you a horrible excuse for a human being if you use them.

No but seriously, if it was the Famicom version then yeah, I guess it counts.
I beat Harry's Legend again today. I think I'll play one of the Rockman games in a bit, haven't decided which one.

manuel

Ninja Gaiden

I still suck at this game.  :-[

Nightstar699

Was it the eagles? It has to have been the eagles...

Flemishdog

Tiny Toon Adventures, great platformer. quality Konami.

famifan

just played Angry birds, Plants vs Zombies for famicom.  :crazy: EPIC ;D
the music is irritating like in seikumatsu