April 28, 2024, 05:36:26 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NikuSama

long time lurker first time poster. I originally come from http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/
but I have been having a problem with a HVC-CPU-05 I cant lick so I came here. that's for another post.

I'm pretty familiar with famicoms, I have 3 basic systems with 2 more on the way and a twin famicom (AN-500B) that I bought a long long time ago from super potato.
I've got some oddities to go with the system and also like some of you I am hunting for a square button, after years I think I have one pinned down, one of the 2 on the way.

MaxXimus

Welcome to the boards. Check out the show your stash thread. I'd lie to see your stash. Also we have a sub forum for repairs. Check it out. We have a few very knowledgable members who I am sure will be of help to you.

NikuSama

a stash thread eh?
is it just famicom stuff in this stash thread or all sorts of stuff.

cause I don't collect just famicom...

oi thinking how all this started, all I wanted was all the megaman games in the standard series as a kid, it kinda just kept going after I finished

mattiemisfit

Came across this board while trying to dig up some information on Famicom carts so creating an account just seemed like the right thing to do. I just recently started re-establishing my collection of NES games and taking my first foray into collecting imports. I am also awaiting my first Famicom cart imports to arrive so hopefully they wont be too much longer!  :bub:

RetroFixes

I've been wanting to join this forum for years. Finally did so today.

Great resource of info here!

Look forward to meeting new folks.
I repair / upgrade  vintage consoles and love talking shop.

Heathledger

I came across this site after looking around on some youtube videos and i figured since i am getting the system i would make a account on there since i love the famicom and its games  :)

MaxXimus

Welcome to the forums. We have a friendly community here. Which type of Famicom did you buy? I had an AV modded Famicom but it stopped working about a year ago. :( right now I'm using my front loader NES with an adapter.

Heathledger

i bought a yellowed famicom for $46 dollars plus 12 dollars shipping but i am not sure it works though but that is just me looking at it. Also i bought one game separate which is *Ninja Hattori Kun*

Link (im not sure if links are allowed or not if so please remove) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Famicom-FC-Console-Japan-Nintendo-import-system-/281649913946?

maxellnormalbias

April 02, 2015, 04:17:59 pm #1208 Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:14:23 pm by maxellnormalbias
[removed a long time ago. wish I didn't, but alas the post is gone]

Heathledger

Thank you maybe i will buy a disk system from that person if they are selling one but my problem is that im not fond of importing from other countries though. Oh and also can someone help me with a power supply since mine will not come with one?

MaxXimus

Sega genesis model 1 adapters work

Heathledger

i used to have a model 1 adapter but sadly sold my genesis although i have found a us power supply on ebay.

MaxXimus

A US NES adapter will blow your famicom. Make sure it's 9v dc Center negative polarity.

Heathledger

Gio_16bits

Hello! New (soon to be) Famicom owner here :-[...
I've been gaming since the mid 90s. First system owned was the Virtual Boy, which i've enjoyed very much so despite giving me massive headaches. Throughout the years, i've amassed quite a collection of gaming hardware. With a newly owned piece of  gaming history added to my collection. I'd figured i should join the proper and most knowledgeable community. Where i can find anything i need to know about the Famicom.
Proud owner of the following systems (in no particular order): Vic20,C64,600XL,7800,FC,Nes,Snes,Saturn,N64,GC,PS2,Wii,Ouya,PS3,Wii U, Dreamcast,GB,GBC,GBA,NGPC,PSP,PSV,N3DSXL,