April 29, 2024, 02:03:12 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

son_ov_hades

Bionic Commando is fun, I love the music.

nintendodork

The music is pretty cool.  I want Hitler no Fukkatsu, but this will do till then.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

Bionic Comando is great!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Medisinyl

Quote from: namakubi on March 17, 2009, 06:28:23 pm
Prepare to be underwhelmed by the Wizard. Much less 80's Nintendo stuff in it than you might think. Though it is a trip hearing the fat bald pirate (Ragetti I think?) from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies pronounce Ninja "GAI-DEN" correctly.

I was plenty happy with the movie, and it has more "80's Nintendo stuff" than I expected.  There is a lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense, but I was entertained the whole way, and it had a couple other items of nostalgia beyond the NES/Arcade stuff. 

Medisinyl

Got Faria in the mail yesterday...was about $16 shipped from Canada (cheap, but not too unusual from eBay, though I got kicked out of a flea market store a few weeks ago due to telling the owner that Faria is more like a 14-16 dollar game when he told me it was $50.  I didn't say anything else and he continued to pretty much talk to himself as he went on about how well he knows his prices.  Eventually he got frustrated and told me to leave,  that I can go to the garage sale section.  As I was leaving, he said stuff like " I buy more than you make" -- what a great salesman, eh? [I was planning on purchasing his set of all 4 boxed Dragon Warrior games too...they were actually fairly cheap if they had everything inside, but I didn't get that far obviously). 

L___E___T

If you want to clean labels, get a tissue and spit on it, or use a gentle cleaning wipe.  That's your lot though pretty much! :)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

namakubi

Quote from: Medisinyl on March 24, 2009, 04:04:10 am
Got Faria in the mail yesterday...was about $16 shipped from Canada (cheap, but not too unusual from eBay, though I got kicked out of a flea market store a few weeks ago due to telling the owner that Faria is more like a 14-16 dollar game when he told me it was $50.  I didn't say anything else and he continued to pretty much talk to himself as he went on about how well he knows his prices.  Eventually he got frustrated and told me to leave,  that I can go to the garage sale section.  As I was leaving, he said stuff like " I buy more than you make" -- what a great salesman, eh? [I was planning on purchasing his set of all 4 boxed Dragon Warrior games too...they were actually fairly cheap if they had everything inside, but I didn't get that far obviously). 

What the fuck?!?! That's ridiculous, that guy runs a flea market and doesn't know how to haggle?!? THAT'S WHAT YOU DO IN A FLEA MARKET!!! What a moron. >:(

L___E___T

I can't tolerate that kind of rudeness, he would have been punished.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

djdac

Medisinyl

Lolo 3 in mint shape (manual and cart)...doesn't even have surface scratches on the label.  Was $19.15 shipped on eBay.

Medisinyl

Didn't know where else to put this, but thought some of you might get a kick out of the modding I've started doing to my NES...  It isn't up to par with the work of the guy (I think he may be on these fourms) that has done numerous custom NES projects, but I don't think he has used gold leaf before, which looks a heck of a lot like a gold Zelda cart--I'm planning on making a label that will go over the dust cover and over the top to make the top half look somewhat like a giant Zelda or Zelda II cart.  At least if I ever do another one like this I'll be able to do it better next time.  I've done this solely for myself with no intention of selling it--this is actually the same system I've had since new when I was around 5 ( :o what have I done?  right? lol  :P)

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Medisinyl

/\  Thanks. 
I've actually considered making the dips on the bottom into blue rivers, and making the pop out cover into a removable Zelda raft. 

Here is another shot as I had someone ask me about it:

The black was just done with a paint can, so it could have been a lot better, but luckily I didn't have any big mess up. 

TanookiSuitSam

Just got 20 boxed NES games for dirt cheap ($20). None of them came with manuals however. So I need to buy them seperate. Hopefully I can find a lot of them and fill these bad boys up.
hi

FAMICOMfag

Guess where I "found" that  ;D