Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Shouldn't that be "get a better avatar"?    I joke, I joke, I'm a big MegaMan fan too.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petik1

That pisses me off immensely. It shows up every time I comment. Why the hell can't I use my original username with my Google account?

Also, when people change their avatars too often. I associate the person with the picture, not the name, and it throws me off when I see a new one.

UglyJoe

When the UPS guy can't get into my building to deliver packages.  He didn't even try to use the buzzer system! >:(

egg_sanwich

Quote from: UglyJoe on October 11, 2012, 06:39:02 pm
When the UPS guy can't get into my building to deliver packages.  He didn't even try to use the buzzer system! >:(

And then cusses you out after for not letting him in! Sorry, but I'm paying your salary.

Post Merge: October 12, 2012, 08:49:55 am

When old people in Japan stare at your because you are foreign. Have you never watched TV!?

JohnnyBlaze

When people talk shit about you behind you back instead of face to face like a man.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Epic_Lotus

Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on October 14, 2012, 07:27:30 pm
When people talk shit about you behind you back instead of face to face like a man.

It annoys me when people are overly confrontational just because they feel the need to live up to some societal notion of gender roles   ;).

ulera

The lens just popped out of my glasses. I'm having to lean in to see what I'm typing.

Epic_Lotus

Quote from: L___E___T on October 16, 2012, 05:44:12 pm
Then again people could just learn to make their own repros right? 

See, and that's just it.  If people were making these repros for themselves, I probably wouldn't say boo.  I mean, it's still illegal to download the ROM, but at the end of the day, it's hard to make an argument for personal use on repros of dead systems.  It's the (nominally minor) commercialization of it that bugs me.  It take it out of the realm of "fan-made" and puts $$$ all over it, and that's what bugs me.  It's taking someone else's work (translation/programming/etc) and turning a profit for your own benefit.  Icky-icky.

133MHz

Quote from: ulera on October 15, 2012, 08:00:06 pm
The lens just popped out of my glasses. I'm having to lean in to see what I'm typing.

Same thing happened to me back in high school, but the lens shattered into a thousand pieces when it hit the ground, that surprised me since I've dropped my glasses countless times without ill effects. Lesson learned, the frame acts like the implosion band on a CRT. :P

I quickly found out that I got way more dizzy when wearing just one lens than when wearing no glasses at all. :diskkun:

manuel

Epic_Lotus

When someone continues using a smartphone or tablet while you're trying to have a conversation with them.

L___E___T

my girlfriend does that all the time it drives me nuts!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

ulera

The fact someone stole from me on a gameswapping site, I have proof, but am powerless to do anything unless I take off school and work and drive halfway across the country and file charges where he lives. :(

L___E___T

What happened?  That's why I wouldn't send a game first...
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

ulera

Reddit/retrogameswap. Back when I first got started this punk created two fake accounts to verify trades with him, since I had none trade etiquette meant I needed to send my games first. He spent the next several weeks giving me bs excuses like the fedex machine at his mom's office being broken. Finally I reported him to the mods and he was banned but I didn't drop it.

I filed out a mail fraud form against him but literally nothing came from that, frustrated I told him I would involve the police if he didn't either return my games or uphold his end. He said he was saving his lunch money. When he obviously didn't ship I called his local police department and the patrolman said he would call his mother.

I got a message from the patrol men saying he spoke with the mom, and said the matter was resolved, the twerp said he mailed my games back but that was two weeks ago. The police said I'm basically ****ed unless I drive all the way to New Jersey and file a claim because apparently nearly having 100%a irrefutable proof isn't enough for them to just go to his house and reclaim my property, I actually have to drive to the station and fill out a report. It irritates me beyond measure.

THIS IS THE INTERNET AGE! WHY CAN'T I JUST FILL OUT A CLAIM VIA THE INTERNET AND PAY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT THE RETURN SHIPPING FEES!