Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

In Sweden firecrackers and other fireworks which effects is mainly about sound became illegal to sell some years ago, but other types are still legal. But because of this I think Easter fireworks has died out. Some younger Swedish people I talked with hadn't even heard about Easter crackers before.

Bry89

There were fireworks for Easter? I've never heard of that. That's all new to me.
https://mindsconnect.jcink.net
Tech-oriented forum. Gamers old and new are welcome.

fcgamer

Non-native English speakers who believe they know more about the language than natives. Some of my students have really arrogant parents.

While I don't pretend to know everything about the language, I think I do have quite a bit of knowledge thanks to studying the language and its literature at the university, self-study of the language and language relations to other tongues, my study on word etymology, etc.  I also discuss with my English friend / colleague about different word usages, grammar patterns, etc, and never tell my students that something from the book is incorrect, without asking other colleagues from different nations their opinions on the matter.

Even still, some parents feel the books know best, feel that they know best, despite not growing up in an English-speaking environment, not being immersed, not knowing the culture, etc.  It can get quite annoying, especially when they try to show you up.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

What was the example, can you remember?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Quote from: Bry89 on December 05, 2017, 08:23:16 am
There were fireworks for Easter? I've never heard of that. That's all new to me.
We have that in Sweden, supposedly to scare away witches and evil spirits, but it seems to be a dying tradition. I guess we are going to have a lot of witches and evil spirits from now on...

Jedi Master Baiter

I've been waiting for an Express package from DHL since yesterday.

I looked up the tracking number today: Delivery attempted; recipient not home Friday, December 29, 2017 at 17:12

We were here. :diskkun:

aitsu124

Been waiting for a copy of Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chosensha coming via SAL that's over two weeks late. My Wonderswan Color itself was already a week late, as were other things, so it's not been the best start of the year for me regarding shipping.

Also, Gen Snowflake.
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

Jedi Master Baiter

It's uncanny how many times I'll be getting done with a passion project, only to find out at the time that someone else is doing something similar or using the same name:

Russian Roulette | Super Russian Roulette
2-player simultaneous 8-bit Mario game | Mario Maker 2 is 2-players | also SMB has been hacked to be 2 players at the same time
Due to Ninja Gaiden II not getting a full soundtrack release (and III not getting a release at all) I start a Ninja Gaiden trilogy arrangement album | Ninja Gaiden The Definitive Soundtrack is suddenly released

Now I'm storyboarding a video for The Hunt, and now this movie: The Freakin' Hunt

Is there anything any

pxlbluejay

When my good ol' woodgrain crt breaks down when I get new f type connectors for my famicom rf switchbox and are trying to test them.
When my parents won't let me get a Commodore 64, 1541 disk drive, and VIC 20, all cib for $200 because "I've spent all my money and nobody wants these things anyways."
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

UglyJoe

When my cats play target-practice with their hairballs:

fcgamer

The breakfast shop next to my apartment. I went out to go to church, was greeted to this...how can I get my scooter out if the parking area, if the food panda food delivery service scooter is parked blocking the entryway.

I've talked bto the owner about this many times, he doesn't give a crap and just laughs at me, telling me since I just rent, there is nothing I can do. Such a dick he is

L___E___T

Just move it out the way and if he complains say you gave him fair warning.  Should be light enough to lift, or just lift one wheel.  Doesn't matter if renting or not, there are no 2nd class citizens.  Not even parked straight.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

I'm confused. ??? Is he blocking everyone or just you? I say put a note on the bike as fair warning. Is it physically impossible to get out or is it physically impossible to get out without damaging property?

fcgamer

Well the scooter is parked at the apartment parking, not the restaurant, it's blocking the entry for scooter parking, and it's parked on slanted yellow lines. it's not 100% about being parked in or not, it's just plane disrespectful imo, and then the owner of the shop also comes over to that area, smokes cigs , and throws the butts on the ground, despite having an ashtray available for customer use. I mean, with such piss poor attitude like that, why would anyone like this guy?

Jedi Master Baiter

Now I'm even more confused! ???

I thought, for some reason, someone at your apartment complex orders food from next door and the scooter comes in and parks wherever they want for a brief amount of time, not there's no parking next door so someone parks their scooter at your apartment complex for extended lengths of time!

If it's blocking the entryway, why are you the only one complaining? Is it because it's Sunday? Are you the only one being inconvenienced?

Also, which owner are you talking to? Owner of the restaurant or owner of your apartment?

By the way, smokers who discard their cigarette butts on the ground doesn't make much sense unless you hate people and the environment or something... but smokers in the military who did this on base makes no sense whatsoever considering the fact that we have to field day our area every week! So they would have to pick them up anyway, but they still did it! Fucking pendejos, I swear!