Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

linkzpikachu

Headaches. dont get them often but when i do there frickin horrible
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

133MHz

Most LCD monitors nowadays sporting only a VGA input. Seriously?! The LCD panel is 100% digital and so is its driving circuitry, heck even the video card works digitally. Why force a lossy digital to analog and back to digital conversion step into the process when it's certainly easier and cheaper just to go lossless digital (aka DVI, HDMI) all the way?

I can't believe most small to medium sized consumer grade LCD monitors you can get in stores nowadays only provide analog video interconnects. Doesn't make sense from an economic standpoint either (plain digital would be cheaper since it requires less hardware).

In fact that has been putting me off from upgrading my 16" LCD to a 19" or 20" model. I prefer to wait and get a used LCD with a DVI input than a brand new one with just VGA. Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way.... am I? ::)

Peps1ru1es92

My screen came with both, so I'm pretty much indifferent to it, but I think it's a cost saving measure. The manufacturers must figure everyone either has VGA or has a little adapter to easily get it.  :(
Hey people, TRG still exists. Come join the meh-ness.

http://trgforums.servegame.com

Jedi Master Baiter

September 01, 2010, 12:58:40 am #513 Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:03:45 am by Jedi QuestMaster
Our Vizio came with both kinds, including (I think) RF, AV, HDMI, VGA, & component.

Edit: Come to think of it, this brings up a subject that irks me - the emphasis on high quality video.

I was perfectly set with analog TV, but now when I play old gen games on that LCD screen, the quality looks really bad now.

I think this is the same reason why I don't want to get laser eye surgery - I don't want to see everything clearly.  I'm compulsive, & when I wear contacts I always find myself cleaning things.

VegaVegas

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

Jedi Master Baiter

MS-DOS4

Weak handshakes.

I like a nice firm handshake.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

linkzpikachu

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on September 13, 2010, 10:01:22 pm
Weak handshakes.

I like a nice firm handshake.

i agree, especial when its from like a really big guy
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

Jedi Master Baiter

nintendodork

C'mon, you saw it coming. :P Zing!

Freshmen.  And I don't mean like every single one.  I just mean the ones who come into high school thinking they own it or can do anything because they have a cool older sibling.  It's bull.  What I do like is how the teachers understand this though, which means if we have to yell at them or something, they look past it.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

linkzpikachu

Quote from: nintendodork on September 14, 2010, 05:58:38 pm

Freshmen.  And I don't mean like every single one.  I just mean the ones who come into high school thinking they own it or can do anything

or the ones who think theyre all tough because there parents have a little bit of money
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

petik1

Quote from: nintendodork on September 14, 2010, 05:58:38 pm

Freshmen.  And I don't mean like every single one.  I just mean the ones who come into high school thinking they own it or can do anything because they have a cool older sibling.  It's bull.  What I do like is how the teachers understand this though, which means if we have to yell at them or something, they look past it.

Even though i am a freshman, i too hate these kids, freshman or otherwise, who think they rule the place. If i wasnt white, id love to give  good knock out  to some of them. >:(

Also, this kid who follows me  at lunch. Its creepy :-X

MS-DOS4

Quote from: petik1 on September 14, 2010, 06:24:32 pm

Also, this kid who follows me  at lunch. Its creepy :-X

At least you don't have it as bad as this guy:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=998675
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

petik1

Not as bad, but pretty annoying. He just sits at my table and does nothing, only because my friend felt sorry for him. He just looks... Eck. I was to scrub his face with steel wool.

Also related to annoying things: my english teacher.