What are you listening to now?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero107

Good shit, Nightstar. Shatterhand is one of my favorite games of the 8-bit era. I'm currently listening to Your Affection from the Persona 4 arrange album, Nevermore-Reincarnation. I really like that one.
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

P

Quote from: Epic_Lotus on April 22, 2013, 12:56:09 pm
Mobile Suit Gundam OST.

I had some points that were going to expire on CDJapan, and I used them to pick this up.  It's pretty good, even if I do have to do my sing-alongs in gibberish since I don't know enough Japanese.

No need to know Japanese, you can just get the lyrics in romaji http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/gundam0079/tobeyogandamu.htm. I love singing this on karaoke but it never sounds as good as the original singer. Clearly something is wrong with the mic. ???

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Nightstar699

Quote from: Zero107 on April 22, 2013, 11:16:55 pm
Good shit, Nightstar. Shatterhand is one of my favorite games of the 8-bit era. I'm currently listening to Your Affection from the Persona 4 arrange album, Nevermore-Reincarnation. I really like that one.

Damn skippy, my friend. Damn skippy. Yeah I've been playing Shatterhand a lot lately on my NES... it's a game that I used to be unable to beat, to the point where it left me rather bitter and frustrated at the game, but now I realize it's just because I used to suck at it, and didn't take the time to fully understand the mechanics. Now that I have experience with the game, I've been able to truly appreciate it for the masterpiece of a video game that it is. Today I was even able to beat it without having to continue which is pretty cool.

And I'm listening to the soundtrack of Flintstones: Surprise At Dinosaur Peak.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nusilver

The AC unit next to my head. It's getting hot in Northern California!

Nightstar699

Tell me about it, I've grown very dependent on my fan.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

manuel

So warm already?
Here in Hiroshima I don't need a fan yet. My wife even sometimes still uses the AC for heating.
This year is definitely colder than last year at the same time.

Nightstar699

Ah, I envy you for that, Manuel, and I believe Nusilver will as well. Here in California it's pretty sweltering... which is made even worse since my room is on the top floor.  :fire: :help: :fire:

crade

What is this "AC" that you speak of? :)

I have started ripping my vinyl to mp3 so I can listen on the train in to work.
Today was Mumford & Sons: Babel and Primus: Green naughahyde
GRRR!

nintendodork

Baths' new single "Ironworks" from his Obsidian album being released next month.  I love this dude.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nusilver

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 23, 2013, 01:36:04 am
Ah, I envy you for that, Manuel, and I believe Nusilver will as well. Here in California it's pretty sweltering... which is made even worse since my room is on the top floor.  :fire: :help: :fire:

Hey, I dropped the bait and you guys took it! I like this.

Yeah, the worst part about the heat is the bugs are coming out now, so we're getting eaten alive when we sleep. That's actually why I turned the AC on for the first time the other night - to keep the bugs from getting in. It's going to be worse when we move to New York - right in the middle of summer!

Cheetahmen

Quote from: nusilverYeah, the worst part about the heat is the bugs are coming out now, so we're getting eaten alive when we sleep. That's actually why I turned the AC on for the first time the other night - to keep the bugs from getting in. It's going to be worse when we move to New York - right in the middle of summer!

I have that problem as well, although I should probably consider myself lucky I live in the UK; over here, it gets to about 30 celcius at most, and that's if it isn't overcast throughout most of the Summer. :P As bad as the snow's been in the past few months, I'd gladly take that over Summer unless I can get an AC unit installed in my room or something.

Back on topic, I'm listening to a mashup of Eminem and the Only Fools and Horses theme. ;D
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Epic_Lotus

Mega Man 1-3 Soundtracks

I've picked up the first three Mega Man soundtracks over at the Capcom store.  They're pretty neat, although I'm not a huge fan of paying so much for what's essentially a download of a single disc out of a collection.  I'm going to have to take a break for a few weeks before I pick up 4 (and any others they release).

JC

Cheetahmen

Nirvana - Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch