Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

senseiman

Cool!

I just picked these babies up, a full deck of Mach Rider Famicom playing cards

http://famicomblog.blogspot.jp/2015/04/some-famicom-playing-cards-mach-rider.html

Kind of neat.

L___E___T

The pulseline games' box artwork suits playing cards very nicely I'd say - nice find!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

senseiman

Thanks, I thought so too.

I`ve seen a Spartan X deck as well but I am curious about how many other versions there are out there.  Kind of a neat thing.

Nightstar699

Here's my latest haul.

Metal Storm
Wacky Races
Burai Fighter
TMNT
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario USA

So happy about Metal Storm, I've been wanting this game since 2007.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Bob-Bob

I'm craving a copy of Metal Storm myself, although I just want the cartridge.  :-[

Ghegs

@Nightstar699
Heh, our collections continue to follow similar paths. It'll be interesting to see how much overlap there is once we're both finished.

Might have to add Wacky Races to my to-get pile now, looks fun.

L___E___T

April 28, 2015, 03:46:03 am #4041 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:53:37 am by L___E___T

Oh Ghegs I would definitely recommend Wacky Races!  Very 'unputdownable' so to speak.

Nightstar that MetalStorm is beautiful :D  Glad to see Burai Fighter too - I think it's a genuinely underrated game.

Is the SMB brand new?!?!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

I also recommend Wacky Races, and need to add that one to my collection as well (though I have numerous hacked versions).  I remember being introduced to that game back when I was collecting NES primarily, about 15 years ago.  One of my buddies had been studying / living in Russia and when he came back, he gave me an awesome deal on a Dendy machine, plus maybe 15 games or so.  I was only a kid then, maybe 16 or 17, so $30 for the whole lot of stuff was an incredible deal.  I played that game a lot (though it was hacked to be a Pokemon game), it was quite fun. 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Nightstar699

Wow, I'm glad and pleasantly surprised to see so much love for Wacky Races. Since I hear it talked about very rarely (even among discussions of underrated NES games) I figured I was the only one who loved it. But yeah I first played it as Pokemon Blue, the same hack FCGamer speaks of. I'd definitely consider it to be a must-have for the system, but keep in mind it is rather easy.

Quote from: L___E___T on April 28, 2015, 03:46:03 am
Is the SMB brand new?!?!

It might as well be! But no, the little baggy wasn't there around the cart, but I'd honestly consider it to be mint. SMBUSA is in nice shape as well.

Quote from: Ghegs on April 27, 2015, 10:36:05 pm
@Nightstar699
Heh, our collections continue to follow similar paths. It'll be interesting to see how much overlap there is once we're both finished.

Might have to add Wacky Races to my to-get pile now, looks fun.

A lot of overlap, that I assure you. What do you think your total will be with your remaining want-list in mind? Mine should be around 130-140 games when I'm finished, according to my list, however there could always be a few I'm forgetting.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 28, 2015, 06:12:12 am
What do you think your total will be with your remaining want-list in mind? Mine should be around 130-140 games when I'm finished, according to my list, however there could always be a few I'm forgetting.

I'm at 161 now and should finish around 180. A handful of NES games included in both counts.

Shumi Nagaremono

Book-Off comes through again.  Not in the best shape, but it's been a hole in my collection that I've been meaning to fill.  And, frankly, I don't think the game is good enough to merit paying the going (Akiba) rate. 

fcgamer

^^^Nice find, as always!

I can't imagine finishing up work and then stopping off at a shop with a lot of Famicom games, easily being able to choose from a nice selection, before heading home for the night, week after week.  Is that how it is in Japan?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

senseiman

Quote from: fcgamer on April 28, 2015, 09:43:14 pm
^^^Nice find, as always!

I can't imagine finishing up work and then stopping off at a shop with a lot of Famicom games, easily being able to choose from a nice selection, before heading home for the night, week after week.  Is that how it is in Japan?

If you live in a decent sized city then yeah, its like that.  My first 4 years as a Famicom collector I commuted by bicycle and had 2 shops on the way home which had massive, cheap selections of Famicom carts to choose from so I would drop in at least 3 or  times a week to see what was new.  Total bliss.

Now I have so many carts (and don`t have quite as convenient access to shops) so I`m not able to do that anymore.  But if you are starting from zero carts, living in Japan is awesome.

Shumi Nagaremono

In Fukuoka, Tokyo, and Yokohama, it's been pretty much like that.  There have been plenty of places that are either *on* my way to/from work, or close enough to it that I could drop by whenever I wanted. 

Most of these places rarely get truly *great* stuff, but there's almost always *something* worth picking up.  And, apparently, some guy did snag a Summer Carnival 92 at a Book Off a year or so back. 

My collection is sitting at about 350 titles, but even now, it's not often that I stop by a Zest, Book-Off, Eco Mall, or even little Mom n' Pop store and find NOTHING that's missing from my collection. 

And, if you're into more than just FC stuff, the choices improve.  It seems like most of the PS1 and PS2 libraries can be had for 100-500 yen per game.  N64 stuff is dirt cheap.  Super Famicom titles are, by and large, still inexpensive, and you can pick up Super Mario World, Collection, and/or Kart for under 500 yen each, if you look around.  Dreamcast, Saturn, PCE, and AES stuff isn't *as* common, but you'll often find a stash here and there. 

Happy Hobbying!

Vinnk

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on April 30, 2015, 12:30:00 am
In Fukuoka, Tokyo, and Yokohama, it's been pretty much like that.  There have been plenty of places that are either *on* my way to/from work, or close enough to it that I could drop by whenever I wanted. 

Most of these places rarely get truly *great* stuff, but there's almost always *something* worth picking up.  And, apparently, some guy did snag a Summer Carnival 92 at a Book Off a year or so back. 

My collection is sitting at about 350 titles, but even now, it's not often that I stop by a Zest, Book-Off, Eco Mall, or even little Mom n' Pop store and find NOTHING that's missing from my collection. 

And, if you're into more than just FC stuff, the choices improve.  It seems like most of the PS1 and PS2 libraries can be had for 100-500 yen per game.  N64 stuff is dirt cheap.  Super Famicom titles are, by and large, still inexpensive, and you can pick up Super Mario World, Collection, and/or Kart for under 500 yen each, if you look around.  Dreamcast, Saturn, PCE, and AES stuff isn't *as* common, but you'll often find a stash here and there. 

Happy Hobbying!

Totally agree.  My first 2 years in Japan I hit game shops every other day.  Now that I'm going on 11 years here there isn't quite the trill since I already have most of what I'm looking for and the chain store have all jacked up the prices.  Still whenever I have a friend visiting from the states their minds get blown by how much retro stuff is still here and how easy it is to get it.

The honest truth is I miss those days of wonder when I only had a handful of carts and every game was "New to me". 

My internet TV show [Famicom Dojo] www.famicomdojo.tv   My Japanese Retro Game Store https://japanretrodirect.ocnk.com