Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: zmaster18 on March 22, 2015, 08:38:09 am
I see a big 'ol pile of coffee can Mario figures. How's the collection so far?

Five full sets and a few assorted extras. 

zmaster18

Yamatoku contacted me this morning saying he will refund me USD$120. What a good guy, he did the right thing.

waterclocker

Quote from: zmaster18 on March 25, 2015, 10:22:30 am
Yamatoku contacted me this morning saying he will refund me USD$120. What a good guy, he did the right thing.

I've noticed his high shipping also, but not to that extreme.  I'll have to keep an eye on it.  I'm just excited to get my item and forget about the shipping.

zmaster18

I think it was just an honest mistake. Whenever I get 50 games and 10 consoles in one order, he charges me max US$250 for EMS. That's reasonable, its about 10 bucks per kilogram.

cieniu71

Super Mario Broc Cup    ;D My Girlfriend is great ;)

Ps. Worms World Party PC premiere edition 4$ ;)

Ghegs

I may have gone slightly overboard this month, but I decided I'll finish my FC collection this year. The haul for March:

The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy, Guardic Gaiden, Ninja Cop Saizou, TMNT, Musashi No Ken, Kakefu Kun no Jump Tengoku: Speed Jigoku, Transformers: Mystery of Convoy, Cobra Command, Star Gate and Tatakai no Banka. I also finally caved and got an Everdrive. Not so I could stop purchasing legit games (obviously), but so I could easily play fan translations, hacks, and NES homebrews.

Also, did you guys know Guardic Gaiden comes with a cloth poster?

Holy shit that is cool.

UglyJoe

I was going to comment on how awesome the Guardic Gaiden box art is (one of the few games I really want CIB), but then that cloth poster :o

Titus

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could find me the origin SMB2 (only released in Japan) for Famicon/Twin Famicon?
And by "origin SMB2", I mean the actual jap cart/FDS game shown as "Lost Levels" on the Allstars cart for SNES/Super Famicon.
Hope I make some sence in my description.

Thanks for any help here.

/Titus

Nightstar699

April 02, 2015, 07:12:17 pm #4013 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:19:02 pm by Nightstar699
Quote from: Ghegs on April 02, 2015, 10:13:27 am
I may have gone slightly overboard this month, but I decided I'll finish my FC collection this year.

I have the same goal in mind. Great picks this time around - mainly Flintstones, that one's tough to get on Famicom. Great choice on Ninja Cop Saizou as well.

Quote from: Titus on April 02, 2015, 05:20:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could find me the origin SMB2 (only released in Japan) for Famicon/Twin Famicon?
And by "origin SMB2", I mean the actual jap cart/FDS game shown as "Lost Levels" on the Allstars cart for SNES/Super Famicon.
Hope I make some sence in my description.

Thanks for any help here.

/Titus

This isn't the proper thread for that. Try making your own WTB thread for it.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Titus

Hi Nightstar 699,

Thanks for your advice and correction, I will try to put up a separate thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers

/Titus

nusilver

Man, it's been too long since I got a chance to post in the "finds" thread - in fact, it's been about two years, I think, since I got to buy any Famicom carts. I basically got everything I've been wanting *except* Battletoads, and now I gotta lay low on retro game purchases for awhile.

For anyone wondering, I paid 9000 yen for Metal Warriors and got a reasonable deal on Moon Crystal from a member here. The others were all pretty cheap because I bought them on YAJ, but man, those deputy service fees killed me. Still, it was nice to have all of these (except Moon Crystal and Ikari, which came last week) arrive at my doorstep at the same time.

Yay! This puts me just over 50 Famicom carts, by the way, but that includes a couple pirate multicarts and an Everdrive N8. So, I guess I maybe have 47 legit Famicom games now, including 4 FDS games. Small collection, I know, but it goes up to about 75 if you count the NES games I own... which means this is the system I have the most games for at this point... it's so hard to buy U.S. SNES games these days and I only buy SFC if I have no other choice (i.e. Hagane).

Famicom3DS

So my Famicom is HVC-CPU-05, the one square button controller it has, has the A button ripped out -_-

I see no bulging or blown capacitors, so I think it just needs to be cleaned and deyellowed. (it looks horrendously yellow!  :'()

Nightstar699

Gah, what terrific finds, Nusilver. Not only did you get Kage (IMO the second best Famicom game, after Solbrain), but you got two that I really want: Moon Crystal, and especially METAL STORM. I'm trying to acquire them CIB, however. But still, really good batch of stuff there.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

cieniu71

nusilver

Sometimes I wonder why people buy pirates, and then I see something like Darkwing Duck and I go, "oh, that's why."

:)