Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Steev on October 14, 2008, 10:42:27 am
Hi all  ;D

I am new around here! Really nice place to be here because I am a real Nintendo retro fan!

I would like to share the Disk System i bought a few weeks ago with you, a new one! It was quite expensive but worth every penny! 180 $ was my price, and as I read here on the forum, that's not too much for a new one :) pfiew, haha

Hope you enjoy it :)

That is awesome!  I haven't even taken the step to buy an actual Famicom yet, but I'm getting there...

& McMario, JC?  What is that?

JC

Mario hacked into McDonaldland or whatever it's called.

YamiMario

Quote from: JC on October 18, 2008, 08:10:48 am
Mario hacked into McDonaldland or whatever it's called.

McKids.

JC

I've finally had time to play through some of these games. I'm gonna have to rate Samurai Showdown III by Rex as having the most elegant intro I've seen. It's got these wonderful pink flower petals that fall from the top of the screen while it shows the Rex logo, a intro statement about samurai and the title screen. It's the same title screen from Sachen's Samurai Spirits. Does anyone know if Sachen's has these petals?

Also, I have no clue how to play any of the Chinese originals because of the language barrier. The dip switch cart is great fun. It leave me wondering which came first: dip switch multicarts, "reset" multicarts, or menu screen multicarts. I'd put them in that exact order. The Darkwing Duck/Rockman hack is notable for a nice title screen that calls the hack Rockman 5. Videomation, which is a MS Paint clone, is great fun; I wish we all had it so we could have art competitions. Balloon Monster is probably the best for its gameplay.

I've got a couple games I don't know much about, so I'll post screens at some point to inquire.

FamicomFreak

Awesome new arsenal man. Would love to see photos of them!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

chimyfolkbutter

I just picked up a defective FDS from ebay.  The powerboard was shot due to battery corrosion. However, there was a perfectly working 7206 drive in it.  I tested it and it works.  A 7206 drive allows doesn't have "write protection" so programs like Copy Master, Disk Hacker, and Disk Keeper work.

JC

Are ROMs of those available somewhere...not that you can write them to disk without them on disk, right. :P

skyrunner14

So, after what seems like forever, I finally have a Famicom! It's next to me right now. It... didn't come with any games though. So, this topic is, well, for recommendations. I'm already set on getting MOTHER, Challenger, and Atlantis no Nazo. There are others, but I'll worry about them for later. Any games that are good that I can put on hold? I don't mind text heavy RPGs (I actually want to get FFI&II), and I have no Disk System (yet), so don't recommend those as of now. You can also talk about games that never made it in the U.S., or the first time you got a Famicom.
Would you please sign my petition? Hopefully, it will get Another Code R released in America. The link is here: http://www.gopetition.com/online/28991.html

133MHz

Get a 72-60 pin adapter so you can play your NES games in the meanwhile.

FamicomFreak

You should get Wai Wai World if you like side scrollers.

FamicomFreak

I just had time to take photos of some pirate carts + pirate disks I got in the past month or two.
Anyways, here are the photos!

Thanks JC and Djdac

SeanOrange

Hi, skyrunner.  You get that from Rising Stuff?

We're doing up a new video that has Atlantis no Nazo in it and its use of the microphone input.
~Sean(Orange)

NintendoKing

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on November 09, 2008, 06:07:02 am
Ikki is a fun(ny) game.

I agree, the smile on the guys face when you collect all the coins is priceless.

JC

Bought myself a HES Unidaptor today. Been looking for a long time.

FamicomFreak