Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogles

YOU HAVE SO MUCH MORE MONEY THAN ME D:
( ยด_ゝ`)

turbo D

Quote from: ericj on January 20, 2009, 04:32:39 pm
Quote from: nintendodork- The Board Yonger on January 20, 2009, 02:57:49 pm
3D World Runner in 3D Mode :D  I just thought it looked cool..it looks like the guy is running super fast ;D

You should get the 3D goggles for that 3D mode.  ;)
Then you can get all the other games for them.   :)

3d world runner didn't use Nintendo's 3D system goggles, it just used Squares 3D sunglasses. I believe it was the only game to use Squares 3D sunglasses too.

reference:
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=867.0
FC HVC-001 HC4593710 CPU-GPM-02 1989
FDS HVC-022 D1072158 FD7201P 6602 + new belt!
My FF setup!

ericj

Oh, right. I was thinking of JJ. You should still get the 3d goggles, though!

FamicomFreak

Awesome new additions to your collection you lucky dog!  :D
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Wouldn't they still work though?  I guess I'm not exactly sure what the goggles do..I just thought you plugged them in to the Famicom, turned them on, and played in 3D..

Please tell me..

But I am planning to get 3D Hot Rally from Famicomshop in the future. :)

English link to JJ please?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Check out the link in Turbo D's post. Here's the full name of JJ; I don't think it was released for the NES, but I could be incorrect:
Jumpin' Jack: Tobidase Daisakusen Part II

They don't work right with 3d Worldrunner because of the way the game displays.

Basically, you plug in the goggles into the front of the Famicom or side of the Twin Famicom and press select once the game is ready to play and you have the goggles on. Pretty easy. :P

nintendodork

Thanks for the full name. :)

Also..what exactly would the 3D goggles display inside..?

How would it be different from just wearing 3D glasses and staring at a TV?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

January 20, 2009, 05:05:40 pm #952 Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:33:08 pm by ericj
The lcd shutters inside the goggles shift from left to right blocking out one eye's vision at a time to coincide with the image displayed on the tv. The color stays the same, unlike the blue/red shift in 3d glasses games. So, it looks like it's in 3d. I have 2 pair so a friend can watch or play while wearing the 3d goggles, too.

nintendodork

That's crazy awesome!  It actually stays the same color, which is cool, but you could still technically use these in any game, even if it wasn't made for them?  Have you ever tried this?  And the fact that you have two makes me feel I should take one of them :P

I do know where I can get one CIB for an awesome price..but I have no money right now..

Also, WANT LIST UPDATED

ericj

You only get the 3D effect with the games listed in the thread. There is no effect with other games. I guess you could still wear them if you want, though. And, sorry, I want both pairs that I have.  8)

nurd

The Famicom 3D head goggles thing had llike blinking off to on LCD things, so you could only see a part of the screen blinking in each eye.

Where did you get all of this money.

nintendodork

January 20, 2009, 05:24:01 pm #956 Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:48:09 pm by nintendodork- The Board Yonger
Ah, ok...
I respect your decision :P
Want list SEVERELY updated :D

Quote from: Rogles on January 20, 2009, 04:48:32 pm
YOU HAVE SO MUCH MORE MONEY THAN ME D:
Probably not, just able to find great deals....

from Famicomshop.com :D

JC

Er, so I'm not gonna get the Rockman 6-1 I mentioned earlier, for those who expressed an interest in buying it. :'(

I will, however, be getting these, I think:

Brush Roller
Kid Icarus -- hoping it's an FDS port
Puzzle
Super Lion King 2
Master Fighter VI -- and I plan to sell my boxed MFVI
Street Fighter X Turbo -- which I hadn't heard of until now
Yuu Yuu Hakusho 97 V -- probably a dumb title screen hack
And a lot with 5 extras I'll be selling

I'm still not supposed to be buying stuff -- saving for the trip -- but I couldn't pass up some of the rarer ones, like Puzzle and Kid Icarus (if that turns out to be the port).

L___E___T

January 22, 2009, 10:58:21 am #958 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:24:10 am by L___E___T
Blatant PM sent!

It works differently because each eye display has it's own signal, so far as I know.  So, that's how each eye works in real life - combine the two and you have the illusion of 3D.

That's how I understand it, but I've never actually used mine! So, I could be wrong but the theory is bang on.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

Awesome finds coming in February!