Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

It's so yellow...it looks like a rock.  That looks more like something someone made by hand than an actual Famicom, and it's sweet!  I don't blame you for wanting it.  You should turn it into something cool.  I have no idea what though.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

Love the article, left ya a comment :)
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

tankexmortis

Am I the only one that likes how old, junky gaming stuff looks? I never clean that stuff if I can help it, it's part of the history. I love how yellowed and worn that thing is, it's amazing. You shoulda kept the top on it (although I guess your other Famicom wouldn't be working if you had).

FamicomFreak

No you are not, I love to buy those beat up famicom pirates and they are all dirty and old looking but they work! I even have one that has tape around it, wonder what happened...lol

tankexmortis

Tape? Awesome! Is it missing screws or something?

FamicomFreak

Yeah well it's a pirate cart so that cart was probably broken trying to open it and they came up with the clever idea to use tape har har har

senseiman

Quote from: nintendodork on May 16, 2010, 08:12:51 pm
It's so yellow...it looks like a rock.  That looks more like something someone made by hand than an actual Famicom, and it's sweet!  I don't blame you for wanting it.  You should turn it into something cool.  I have no idea what though.

I'm open to suggestions!  Right now its just sitting in a closet.  I'm hoping to get it to work someday so I can actually use it, though I've gotta find another button somewhere!

Post Merge: May 17, 2010, 02:35:18 am

FamicomFreak and Tankexmortis:

I'm hearing you about how cool stuff looks "used".  I was kind of torn about switching the cases, though the cool thing is that I can always switch them back, which I'm kind of thinking of doing.  Because now when I look at my square-button Famicom I know that it has a dark secret - that part of it is actually a round-button Famicom.

Usually when I get some old Famicom stuff the only thing  I'll remove is the dust and grime.  If a cartridge has a kid's name written on it with marker or something I always take care to leave that on - part of its history!

MS-DOS4

Another fantastic pirate by MWK.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

Nightstar699

Awesome! Is that the Shoot em up game or Harry's Legend?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

MS-DOS4

Harry's Legend. It's a bit difficult, but fun!

I have that monstrosity of a shoot em' up on another cartridge. God that game has awful music.

Nightstar699

LOL I know. I beat the shmup as well. I have to love it though, it was my first Famicom game.  :)

Congrats on harry's legend, thats a cool game.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

MS-DOS4

It's defiantly a great piece for anybody's collection.
Just as a reference to anybody who hasn't played the shooter version, here's a sample of that awful music I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3wRfEUBYk

Nightstar699

Yup, that game is freaking hard. It's short, but tough to beat. When I finally beat it, the ending was just as uneventful and poorly made as I expected. ;D

FamicomFreak

When you get the hang of it, Harry's Legend is a really easy game. It's all about patterns...

Nightstar699

Yeah, but it's really glitchy too. Sometimes that adds challenge, or possibles makes it easier.