Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fredJ

Congratulations!

You didn't mention what they cost this time. ;)

Doropie is extremely rare. Some of the others I haven't seen either.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

senseiman

Quote from: fredJ on March 10, 2011, 04:06:16 am
Congratulations!

You didn't mention what they cost this time. ;)

Doropie is extremely rare. Some of the others I haven't seen either.

LOL, good point!

They were all in a 100-yen each crate!  So I paid 1,000 for all of them (about $10 US).

I had never seen a few of them either.  Mitsume ga tooru goes for about 3,000 yen at most shops in my area, so that was quite the bargain!  Doropie I'd never seen anywhere before.

NintendoKing

Super Mario Bros. 2J on Famicom Cartridge!  ;D

senseiman

OK, sorry to be hogging this thread with repeated bargain reporting, but I have to put this here:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/mega-bargain-of-day-3-consoles-and-game.html

1,000 yen (about 10 US dollars) today bought me:

1 boxed, working AV Famicom;
1 boxed, working Famiclone;
1 boxed, working Game Boy Advance;
1 Super Famicom game (Blues Brothers).

That is 10 dollars for all of them, not 10 dollars each.

This definitely counts as one of the best bargain finds ever.

MWK

fredJ

Quote from: senseiman on March 10, 2011, 03:59:22 pm
LOL, good point!

They were all in a 100-yen each crate!  So I paid 1,000 for all of them (about $10 US).

I had never seen a few of them either.  Mitsume ga tooru goes for about 3,000 yen at most shops in my area, so that was quite the bargain!  Doropie I'd never seen anywhere before.

This may not be the best time to ask, but in case you find other interesting, unusual or valuable titles, I would be interested in buying them from you. In particular action games.

NintendoKing

I have never heard of a store selling items so cheap, thats incredible.

senseiman

These are definitely not normal prices for Japanese (or any) retro game shops.  This specific shop will occasionally get a massive shipment of stuff in that they just dump in their junk section for rock-bottom prices.  Within about 24 hours all the good stuff is gone, so you have to be quick and lucky to get any of it!

fred j - I will be looking to sell/trade some of my Famicom games at some point.  I'll keep you posted when I do.

Incidentally I put that post up literally minutes before the earthquake struck.  It has, needless to say, put an end to the happy mood I was in.  Thankfully Fukuoka wasn't hit.

fredJ

I have been reading most of your posts on your blog, but I skip some silly ones. ;) What is your realistical plan about the famicom games -- how many do you think you will be able to collect?

Oh, and I wonder about the spartan X game called "kung fu". Have you seen it in stores in Japan? What is it priced at? Thanks.

senseiman

Quote from: fredJ on March 12, 2011, 01:02:35 am
I have been reading most of your posts on your blog, but I skip some silly ones. ;) What is your realistical plan about the famicom games -- how many do you think you will be able to collect?

Oh, and I wonder about the spartan X game called "kung fu". Have you seen it in stores in Japan? What is it priced at? Thanks.

What silly ones?   ;)

Thanks for reading.  I hope I'll eventually get all of the Famicom carts, I need a little over 400 to complete the set.  Unfortunately that includes a lot of the hard-to-find expensive ones, so I'm still pretty far off from the goal.

I've only seen that "Kung Fu" version of Spartan X on Ebay, never in a store.  Its an expensive one for sure, but I don't know what it goes for in stores here.

tappybot

Quote from: senseiman on March 10, 2011, 02:37:39 am
I picked up 10 Famicom carts I needed on the way home today, put some pics up on my blog here:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-famicom-carts-of-2011.html

It was  a pretty good haul, as I needed 9 of the carts.  I now have 647 of them, almost 2/3 of the way to the whole set.  Its getting extremely difficult at this point to find ones I don't already have, so scoring 9 in one go is quite the coup for me! ;D

They're beautiful!

I left a comment on your blog..  Oh man I haven't even seen the Lode Runner or Doropie cart... Just thinking about a 100yen price makes me wanna jump outta my shorts!  Did you almost have a heart attack when you saw them for that price?  This group is one of the greatest finds I've ever known.  I easily payed 3000yen for what you have there, and that doesn't the two rarest most desirable carts!

MWK

Right on time at the rendezvous point.
Here comes that shady looking guy holding a red bag.
- hey, whatcha got for me?
- a whole bag of these...

I threw a quick peek.
- what's that crap supposed to be?
- come on, bottle of vodka and it's all yours!
- I believe we have a deal
:-)

Spoiler
[close]

Gotta love 'em even when you don't know what they are :cherry:

jpx72

Heh MWK it's Famicom black market at its best! And a good price BTW :D

senseiman

Quote from: tappybot on March 12, 2011, 05:02:20 am
Quote from: senseiman on March 10, 2011, 02:37:39 am
I picked up 10 Famicom carts I needed on the way home today, put some pics up on my blog here:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-famicom-carts-of-2011.html

It was  a pretty good haul, as I needed 9 of the carts.  I now have 647 of them, almost 2/3 of the way to the whole set.  Its getting extremely difficult at this point to find ones I don't already have, so scoring 9 in one go is quite the coup for me! ;D

They're beautiful!

I left a comment on your blog..  Oh man I haven't even seen the Lode Runner or Doropie cart... Just thinking about a 100yen price makes me wanna jump outta my shorts!  Did you almost have a heart attack when you saw them for that price?  This group is one of the greatest finds I've ever known.  I easily payed 3000yen for what you have there, and that doesn't the two rarest most desirable carts!

Thanks, they were a crazy good deal. I was immensely excited.  Sometimes they'll toss a bin of unimpressive titles out for 100 yen (a lot of baseballs, golfs, etc), so when I first saw the bin I thought it would be like that.  Then when I went through them I thought more like "Wait!  There are good games in here!!"

From then on I was like a kid in a candy store.

An unfortunate postscript is that I went in a couple days later expecting to find more good deals but actually found the opposite.  They had a bunch of new Famicom carts out, but instead of insanely cheap they were all insanely overpriced.  1,000 yen each for Dragon Quest games loose, etc.  Nothing less than 1000 yen each.  Its the first time I've ever seen Omocha Souko put rip-off prices on stuff.  I was so dissapointed.

I think it is totally luck of the draw.  If the right person is doing the pricing that day, you can find some great deals.

2A03

Picked up a black Twin Famicom Turbo for $189.77 on ePay. I think I overpaid a bit, but it's in good working condition and includes hookups, so I guess I can't complain too much.