Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

machbed

May 12, 2011, 11:50:46 am #2130 Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:16:41 pm by machbed
Wow! Awesome 8in1 multicard. Are there rly Zelda & Bomberman 2? If yes, does the save function in Zelda & Tetris work properly? In PCB is mounted battery?

Cheetahmen

Quote from: machbed on May 12, 2011, 11:50:46 am
Wow! Awesome 8in1 multicard. Are there rly Zelda & Bomberman 2? If yes, does the save function in Zelda & Tetris work properly? In PCB is mounted battery?
In response to the first question, Bomberman II and Zelda are actually included, the latter of which is the Famicom version. However, as far as I can tell there isn't a battery mounted in it. That said, I haven't tested it properly yet. I'd look inside, but I'd probably break the cart knowing me.

What's most interesting, to me at least, is that "Gold Mario" is actually Super Mario Bros. 2 from the FDS. :)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

nintendodork

Does Luigi have the same physics as Mario, or does he actually play like he does in the real thing?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Cheetahmen

Quote from: nintendodork on May 12, 2011, 01:02:03 pm
Does Luigi have the same physics as Mario, or does he actually play like he does in the real thing?
As far as I can tell (apart from the title screen where the logo is missing), the game itself is identical to the FDS version. :)

Oreanor

Yesterday Captain Hook suddenly turned out to be "Skull And Crossbones" from Tengen. Never know about this game and was very surprised. Unfortunately, Tengen logo is hacked.

senseiman

This is a really interesting thing that I found at Mandarake a few days ago that, until seeing it, I had no idea even existed.  An unopened wax box of 1986 Famicom cards:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/amida-famicom-mini-cards-coolest.html

Looking around the internet there is not much info about these things (ie none that I can find).  I think they are pretty beautiful though.

Parodius Duh

wow!!!! those cards are fantastic! Awesome find!  ;D

senseiman

Quote from: Parodius Duh on May 21, 2011, 12:13:19 am
wow!!!! those cards are fantastic! Awesome find!  ;D

Thanks, they are pretty cool, eh? 

I've been scouring the internet for info about these but have found nothing.  Kind of a mystery product!

jpx72

Couldn't resist to buy another famiclone... Jeez, I only hope it has the quality of the early pirate consoles (full hardware clone), it looks pretty old and I will be receiving it soon:

MS-DOS4

>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

linkzpikachu

Looks nice, i have a soft spot for hardware clones/pirates
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

NintendoKing

I like it, very neat but I still like my Penguin better.

FamicomFreak

I got some interesting  boxed famicom games. Check them out!

That's all for now!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

mobiusclimber

Wow, want that Aurora Quest game! LOL

So I finally have something to post about, tho I'm going to be lazy and not post a pic. At any rate, the local Goodwill (closest to me) has been having great deals on their NES carts. They're mostly set at $1.99. Today I went in there and saw a very strange looking one. Turned out to be a Supervision 110-in-1! Yes, for only two bucks. (Even better, I picked up a copy of Intelligent Qube for $6, but that's not a Fami/NES find.)
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

Cheetahmen

Quote from: mobiusclimber on May 27, 2011, 02:31:06 pm
Wow, want that Aurora Quest game! LOL

So I finally have something to post about, tho I'm going to be lazy and not post a pic. At any rate, the local Goodwill (closest to me) has been having great deals on their NES carts. They're mostly set at $1.99. Today I went in there and saw a very strange looking one. Turned out to be a Supervision 110-in-1! Yes, for only two bucks. (Even better, I picked up a copy of Intelligent Qube for $6, but that's not a Fami/NES find.)
I'm officially jealous of you for having that 110-in-1. (Also, Intelligent Qube (or Kurushi as it's known as here) FTW)