Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

There was a Rockman game for the PC Engine?  :o

stealthlurker

Quote from: manuel on April 20, 2012, 06:10:00 pm
There was a Rockman game for the PC Engine?  :o

No there wasn't, haha! That's what's so cool about this custom job.

It's the famicom game made playable on a PC-Engine CD.

manuel

That's still awesome!  ;D

security16

Last weekends trip to the local trash and treasure markets i picked up some nifty stuff! Best score was the GBA for $3 the guy said that the lights came on when it's turned on but thats all and that it needed a lube job! I really had to bite my tongue not to laugh at that though and after taking it apart and giving it a good clean down with some magic computer booze! I also picked up some lovely vintage barbies for awesomely cheap (One of my only girly hobbies!)
Then during the week i got magical packages from japan from Senseiman, 80'sFreak and Manuel but i haven't had much time to play with them mainly because i've been having issues making the tv and the Famicom play nice with eachother!

L___E___T

Hope this counts as a find!!  It's certainly a gem in my eyes:

http://cdn.flamehaus.com/Valve_Handbook_LowRes.pdf

I'm very happy to read this, even if it is not 100% certified and Isn't a physical book.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

I received Pursuit Force for PSP even though I did a request cancel, so basically got it for free. :P

I've never actually bothered with this game but might now.

stealthlurker

Some GB games and a Konami Hyper Boy

QUIMDUNG

3 separate days worth of gameboy. i am blessed.  ::)

DerZocker

A Sony HitBit F1XV MSX2+. I always wanted an MSX since i played Nemesis/Gradius 2 in the Salamander Portable Collection.
Any recommendations what i need to get the most out of it?
Too bad that most Konami games are worth their weight in gold :-[
But i still thinking about getting Gradius2 too.

@Stealthlurker: Nice, a Hyperboy :D It's very cool accessory, only disadvantage is the missing option for an external PSU. I love it's speakers

stealthlurker

April 27, 2012, 03:47:21 pm #2904 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:08:11 pm by stealthlurker
@derZocker

Thanks, yeah it seems a lot of the old devices relied purely on batteries.

Yeah I noticed that a lot of MSX games, even in Japan are pretty pricey. The do have some gorgeous box art though. Lots of overlap with famicom titles... even the same cover art but larger.

Post Merge: April 28, 2012, 12:08:09 pm

Some stuff that came in yesterday and today. Most notable is this crazy little 8bit fami to NES controller y-adapter from Venezuela!

DerZocker

Venezuela you say? Looks like we have the same NES to FC pad adaptor*g Should be the guy where i got TopRider from
What's the GB game there?

Parodius Duh

April 28, 2012, 01:29:09 pm #2906 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:40:37 pm by Parodius Duh
eightiesvault on ebay? I just picked up a sick 72-60 pin adapter that works with euro games as well for pretty cheap.

what country are those Fist of the Northstar DVDs from? complete series? how many discs? what company released them? are they newer or old release? Sorry for all the questions but Im looking for the best possible quality set of this series...

stealthlurker

@DerZocker The GB game is a platformer known as P-Man. I have it on Super Famicom and thought it was pretty good.

@Parodius Yeah I believe it is eightiesvault

These DVDs are the official US releases. There are 4 volumes out right now with a chunk of episodes on each. I already have the first 2 volumes. They release a new volume every couple of months. The older volumes might already be sold out on Amazon (I got all of them from there).

They're the original 80s TV show not the new episodes that came out not too long ago. I believe this release is supposed to be "cleaned up" PQ wise but I'm not sure. Haven't watched any of them yet, still got a backlog of other things. I just wanted to get them before they sold out. I'm thinking these have a small print run.

I'm glad they finally released the original series on DVD here. For years I've had a Hong Kong bootleg set of HNK 1 & 2. The official japanese box set is $1,000 USD and has no subtitles.

That Guy from Faxanadu

April 28, 2012, 03:09:14 pm #2908 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:32:38 am by That Guy from Faxanadu
I was at the annual retrogaming fair in Gothenburg today. Loads of nice games there! These followed me home:

Vectrex:
Basenhet
Solar Striker

Famicom:
Piratehack SMB sequel
16-in 1 (perhaps w Street Fighter)
112-in 1
?? (something with Medusa)
Athena
F1

N64:
Airboarder 64

NES:
Swords & Serpents
Dragon Warrior II
Barbie (pirate)
Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque
Heavy Barrel

Master System:
Asterix
Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
Submarine Attack
Wanderers of Y´s
Aerial Assault

SNES:
Tiny Toons Wild and Wacky Sports
Gods

Super Famicom:
Super Fire Pro Wrestling 2
Super Robot Wars 4

Playstation:
Parappa the Rapper

DS:
Kirby: Power Paintbrush
Wario: Master of Disguise

Mega Drive:
Rings of Power

Gamecube:
Beach Spikers

Dreamcast:
Ready 2 Rumble
MSR

(3 NES games to the right are presents my little brother gave me  ;D )

ericj

Nice haul you got there!

Parappa the Rapper--love that game!  ;D