NES pirates with Japanese-exclusives

Started by JC, August 28, 2006, 09:44:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I've posted these as finds elsewhere, but I have a question about them.

Both are NES pirate carts but with Japanese-exclusive games. I wonder if anyone has seen either of these senerios: 1. a NES pirate cart with a Japanese-exclusive game programmed into a 72-pin board or 2. a NES pirate cart with a Japanese-exclusive game on a 60-pin board, using an internal adaptor to convert to 72-pins?

I don't have these in my hands yet (and I don't have the proper bit), so I can't open them up to explore them.

KennyB

I've got the first one , the international edtion one. I can check wich games are on it for you. But I also haven't got the proper bit so i can't opent it up  :-\

JC

Let me know which games are on your Videodeon. Those carts with that same label were mass produced with bunches of difference games on them. My has a Japanese exclusive in it: Kenshiro 2.

Doc

I've rarely heard of games on U.S. carts that are exclusively Japanese, but it sounds cool!

Speedy_NES

Quote from: FamicomJL on August 29, 2006, 11:19:43 am
I've rarely heard of games on U.S. carts that are exclusively Japanese, but it sounds cool!

I doubt that they were meant for the US market ;)  I bought a few of them including two Video Deon carts with Japanese games in them from a person who bought them from somewhere in Asia.  I think they were meant for the same markets where the Asian Version and Hong Kong Version NES's were sold.  A lot of the SuperVision carts have Japanese-only games on them, too. 

JC

A dude from New Zealand tells me these Videodeons were placed as rentals in video game rental stores in New Zealand and Australia. Kind of cool to be able to rent pirates! He says he has found several of them in the wild over there.

And good to know about Supervision carts sometimes being Japanese-exclusive. :)

KennyB

Here you go , it's a 110 in one  :) Also ont he top of the label it says HVC-001. Maybe that indicates the version ?

Flipull
shoting block
Tetris
tetris2
Banana
Flappy 240
Black white chess
five pieces chess
Runner 1
Runner 2
Mahjong 2
Mahjong 4
Arithmetic
Lunar ball
Golf
Soccer
Baseball
Tennis
Balloon Fight
Pinball
Islander
Grading
Maze song
634 sword
The new human
A S O
Star soldier
The goonies
Legendry
Argus
Arkanoid
Mighty Bomb jack
Mario Bors 2
Twin Bee
B wings
Spartan
ASCII
Ninja 3
Magmax
Gyrodine
Wrecking Crew
Elevator
Xevious
Ninja
City connection
Mach rider
Thunder Bike
Execite Bike
F1 Race
Road Fighter
Zippy race
Bomber Man
Front Line
Macross
Star Force
exerion
Galaga
Galaxian
Pacman
Battle city
Kung Fu
Karateka
Ninja 1
Pipeline
King Kong 1
King Kong 2
King Kong 3
Mappy
Popeye
Ice climber
Wrestle
Nuts and milk
Sky destroyer
Formation Z
Pooyan
Circus
Devil world
Urban Champ
Clu clu land
Chackn pop
din dun
combat
helicopter
ninja fight
arabian
Antartic adventure
spider andpenguin
space frog
gotcha
hogan's alley
wild gunman
duck hunt
super galaxian
super pacman
super F16
super bombman
super star soldier
super king kong
super tank 1
super tank 2
super pooyan
super grading
fast mario
super man 1
super argus
super xevious
super man 2
super man 3
super man 4

Doc

Most of those are good sounding Japanese titles. Nice pirate. :)

JC

How's "Fast Mario" -- I've been so curious about that one.

Doc

It's a really fast Mario...

Yeah, I've heard of it before...

JC

I know what it is, just wondering what being fast does to the gameplay!

Doc

Makes it a little harder, you can forget to get mushrooms and such.

KennyB

Quote from: JC on August 31, 2006, 01:04:07 pm
How's "Fast Mario" -- I've been so curious about that one.

Actually , it's slower then the original  ;D Maybe it's because i played it on a nesclone ( my normal nes , wich can play ntsc and pal games, couldn't play it) Also the lay-out off the game is different from the original , is has a different texture for the ground ( like the ground in SMB2j)

JC

So then it's a speed hack of SMB2j -- meaning it has the SMB2j levels? I wonder if they've also hacked SMB. And too bad yours is slow. I can't imagine that would be fun.

KennyB

No , its a hack of the regular SMB but with the ground of SMB2j. Instead of the big square block's from the original , you have the small rock's of SMB2j.