Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Quote from: Cheetahmen on September 05, 2012, 03:22:14 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 05, 2012, 01:40:11 amPeople who abuse internet memes rather than thinking of something interesting, clever, or thought-provoking to say annoy me too. They can go to hell.

Reminds me of the AS Computing class I was in at college. ::)

Let me guess, would this be an accurate recreation of how that went: "MUDKIPZ OVER 9000 4CHAN ENCYCLOPEDIA 9GAG DRAMATICA LE RAGEFACE EPIC TROLLING XDDDDD" Or something along that line?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 05, 2012, 10:11:52 amLet me guess, would this be an accurate recreation of how that went: "MUDKIPZ OVER 9000 4CHAN ENCYCLOPEDIA 9GAG DRAMATICA LE RAGEFACE EPIC TROLLING XDDDDD" Or something along that line?

It was mostly memes from 2006/7 more than anything; worth pointing out that the class started last year. ::) Makes me wonder if in 5 years, college students will be going on about that Friday song when everyone else has stopped caring about it. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Nightstar699

Oh man, that sounds horrendous. Some memes, even older ones, can be tolerable in small doses, but man.... overdoing it is overdoing it.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

JohnnyBlaze

Here's something that REALLY annoys me and seeing a pic of it today, as well as a Facebook status reminded me of it:

Parents who teach their kids to be whores.

As in THIS example:

Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

JohnnyBlaze

The people and pages I visit on Facebook are entertaining and head shakingly bad. Although, I laugh more at stuff like this because of how pathetic it is....
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Jedi Master Baiter

Beating Battletoads was a huge accomplishment. I felt like I earned the privilege to be able to say that I did it.

Then along comes somebody claiming they beat it with 2 players. I assumed anyone who said that was a liar. And not too long ago I find out that there's a glitch that kills off the second player on the second to last stage. ::) I read this was fixed in the PAL version (I'm pretty sure this person didn't play that one).

In short: Liars... they annoy me

L___E___T

I completed it, but I think it was on Megadrive, is it easier?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

I beat both the NES, and Genesis version, but this was a couple years ago. I don't remember, but I've heard conflicting sources on this. I heard some say the Mega Drive port was easier, whilst some said it was glitchier, therefore making it harder.

L___E___T

That damn chase part is just as hard.  I imagine MegaDrive port has better collision detection though and is probably easier as a result.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Hmmm.... I'd play both of them right after the other and see, I actually heard the collision detection in the NES version was better... but I'm not sure, they were both challenging games.

L___E___T

It's still not the most difficult or hardest game I've played.  Shinobi on PS2 was pretty difficult on Hard setting I must say.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: L___E___T on September 10, 2012, 12:46:14 am
I completed it, but I think it was on Megadrive, is it easier?

I'm talking about the NES version.

But aren't the PAL games slower? It makes me wonder if it was developed in PAL & they bombed us when it got transferred to NTSC? :bomb:

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 10, 2012, 09:12:08 amBut aren't the PAL games slower? It makes me wonder if it was developed in PAL & they bombed us when it got transferred to NTSC? :bomb:

Considering that Rare are British, that probably is the problem. I know Gods on the Mega Drive has the same issue. :-\

Then again, most PAL NES releases (excluding ones developed in Europe) were unoptimised due to laziness. :(
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

L___E___T

I wouldn't say Rare are (or were) lazy developers, but compare on YouTube for a speed check.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petik1

Moments of silence during school. They do absolutely nothing. We've done it ten times now for 9/11. It's about time we get over it.

However, videos of peoples' reaction when the second plane hit is still sickening. Plus Kevin Cosgrove's 911 call. *shudders*