Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

August 28, 2014, 10:47:43 am #1440 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:03:50 pm by L___E___T
Oh if it's temporary no worries all the same.

What irritates me?  When I miss out on a killer deal because I forgot to bid  and it ends real low :(  

I missed out on a brand new Gameboy Light gold that went for a tad over $100 that way.  

Could have (and surely would have) gone way higher of course had I bid in time driving it up, but it really bugs me still.

I also passed up the chance to buy a brand new Wild Gunmman holster set way back, but I found one in the end.

Hoping I can replicate that with the Gameboy Light and DMG someday.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

tappybot

I saw a gameboy light in hardoff for about 1000 yen (loose of course) when I was still in Japan.
I had no idea it was a bit of a rarity, and now that I'm more into gameboy stuff, It's right up my alley.

Well, I get down too when I lose an auction by a couple bucks, but likely, whoever had won had a much higher max bid than the final result that comes up.
Who knows how much they were willing to bid.  I try to, when bidding, imagine a number in my head from the very beginning that I absolutely won't go over...   so that when I lose by a couple bucks, I can say 'hey, it was just out of the range I'm willing to pay for that item'

fcgamer

Having my air conditioner drip water annoys me.  It also annoys me when my washing machine leaks.  Something is wrong with both of those appliances.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

security16

Currently a lack of adult social interaction is driving me a titch mad.

fcgamer

August 29, 2014, 02:43:15 am #1444 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:49:57 am by fcgamer
Quote from: security16 on August 29, 2014, 12:05:06 am
Currently a lack of adult social interaction is driving me a titch mad.

I interact with a lot of adults, and am in various relationships with them, but I just wish I had a few close mates to hang out with and do things with, such as grabbing a few drinks, a pizza, and then gaming, or something similar only with playing guitar / making music.  Definitely something I miss, and it is not as fun alone.

On another note, I am furious right now.  When I was a teenager I used to have a bad temper, but then I mellowed a lot when I got into my 20s.  Now I am a very patient person, but the admin at my job just really pissed me off, basically feel like I was spit in the face or something.   >:(

It is back to school time and I got a new schedule for the classes I will teach.  Well a few things about the new schedule have just left me very angry, pissed off, and made me feel a rage like I haven't felt for a long time.  For one thing, this semester the one class of students will be learning how to write, and just last semester and all summer I had been working with them on science; at this age though, the science will be replaced with writing.  Instead of allowing me to teach the same class, only teach writing, the admin decided to take the class away and give it to my lazy colleague, the one I had some problems with previously.  This teacher had been teaching a different level/grade of writing (which had also been taken away from me previously), and I will never forget the day that that teacher had asked made some comment to me about writing class.  I had asked her what she was teaching, and she answered "Teach?  Oh, are we supposed to teach something?  I just pass out their books and they open up to the next story and write, independently, and I sit and correct papers for a different class."  Needless to say, the quality of the writing had gone down drastically, and instead of improving, the writing got much worse.  And instead of teaching children about writing style, different genres, etc, the children just wrote stories riddled with  mistakes.  Unbelievable. 

On the new schedule, the manager had also scheduled for me to work Tuesday nights, two times a month.  Now, the one class I had agreed to work, once a month, but the other class I never agreed to do.  The funniest part is that over the summer I had been working every Tuesday night at this time, at a second job, and that boss had asked me to continue working permanently on Tuesday night - I turned him down, as I had felt that I was getting to worn out, and needed a break.  So now, I am being told I need to work two Tuesday nights a month (I don't have a problem with once a month, but twice a month is a problem for me), and to make it even crappier, I get paid less money for this job than at the other place (and the job is more difficult).  So I free up time to have the time filled back up, and then get paid less to boot!  I really hate when it is time for a new schedule, the schedule is always so shitty compared to my colleagues and this is the type of crap that goes on.   >:(   :'(

Post Merge: August 29, 2014, 02:49:57 am

One thing I forgot to add is that on Tuesday, I need to be at work at 9:00 in the morning, and then the last class is at 9:00 in the evening.  Sure, there is a  couple hour break in the afternoon, but that makes for an exhausting day no matter how to cut it. 

smeghead

Being stung by dozens of wasps, man, that's like you're constantly getting injections, i don't know how long this feeling will last! Wasps even stung my parents, i'm very disappointed and angry..  :(

L___E___T

That sounds nasty Smeghead, sorry to hear - what the hell happened?  Found a nest in your home?  Did you see this one?

http://news.sky.com/story/1325695/wasps-build-giant-nest-in-womans-spare-bed
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

smeghead

We were in the backyard and there was a hole in the ground from where they've came out, i don't know what kind of wasps are that, but usual wasps don't attack people for no reason, now i must destroy them... i'll put the gasoline on a dishtowel at the and of stick and lit it , hopefuly it will neutralize our problem. Luckily that my nephew was sleeping inside so he wasn't hurt.
Wasps could be very deadly in some cases... once one woman was working in the field and she was stung to death by lot of wasps , what a horrible way to die...  :'(

L___E___T

Were they brown wasps and larger than usual?  Wasps here are absolute bastards, pure villainous malevolance that will always attack you in haste.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

smeghead

They were yellow and black , i guess they're called  'german' wasps, i searched on wikipedia, and figured out, because that kind make their nests in the ground and they live mostly in Middle Europe.

German wasp is that first on the picture:  >:( 

(what an unpleasant animals)

L___E___T

I really hate them, they benefit nothing.  The ones we have here look very similar - but no ground nests that I've ever seen:

However, it's these that are the really scary ones - not as aggressive but a much more painful sting :S

Horseflies are also something you just do not want to get on you - they bite rather than sting though and it ends up very inflamed and infected like a strong spider bite.

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

smeghead

Quote from: L___E___T on August 31, 2014, 10:04:09 am

However, it's these that are the really scary ones - not as aggressive but a much more painful sting :S

Horseflies are also something you just do not want to get on you - they bite rather than sting though and it ends up very inflamed and infected like a strong spider bite.

Wow, this one looks really nasty, i wouldn't like to be around those kind...   

Well, the day after -  now it feels like when mosquito bites, and it's very itchy :-X   

It's good that today is very rainy day so that might be end of my worries.  :-[

wholesalewatch648

right now it is literally 102 degrees outside.  they even issue a weather warning
http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=5c98b8bcbc21674b&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

when will the heat ever end  :o
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

smeghead

Fact that i'm addicted to coffee.  :(

fcgamer

Quote from: smeghead on September 18, 2014, 05:17:28 am
Fact that i'm addicted to coffee.  :(

I only started drinking coffee thanks to a Croatian friend of mine :)  Every time I would go to his house, he would offer me coffee and when I would decline, he would offer for his wife to make me some tea instead.  I always felt bad though, to be a trouble, so one day I decided to accept the coffee offer and now I drink it on occasion, though only when I am tired. 

Something that annoys me is that my air conditioner only works about half.  I always need to slap it to make it work, and even then, it only works sometimes.  Right now it is not working correctly :(