Famicom comic (1985) scanned

Started by xan_racketboy_fan, September 16, 2011, 03:27:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

That Guy from Faxanadu

Great! At first I tried reading left to right, but... the other way made more sense  :-[

P

Great job as usual punkpolitical but what happened with the page numbering?

Looks like we finally are done with the text heavy pages! I see there are so many things I could have done much better at but for now I just hope it will become fully readable and I hope to proofread it again when I have more time.

punkpolitical

Quote from: P on December 04, 2012, 12:08:29 pm
Great job as usual punkpolitical but what happened with the page numbering?

Looks like we finally are done with the text heavy pages! I see there are so many things I could have done much better at but for now I just hope it will become fully readable and I hope to proofread it again when I have more time.

Yeah I got lazy and didn't bother with doing the page numbers. Maybe i will add them in later. I already see things that need to be fixed but I'll wait till I'm finished to fix some stuff.

punkpolitical

December 26, 2013, 08:27:42 pm #63 Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:21:03 pm by punkpolitical
UMMMM.........................Yeah so here's this............................................................

P

Thanks for your hard work punkpolitical!
So it's finally done! It's kind of awkward to look at my own old translations due to how bad it is sometimes, but we finally have a complete translation of the thing.

jpx72

So it's finished then? Awesome work! Thank you very much!
So now it should be PDF-ized or something.
I have to print it! Poor red printer toner!

P

Yes more or less as a first release. The speech bubble on the back cover might need to be edited as well though. The other stuff on the front and back covers are not important though, I translated them just for completeness sake. Also the last pages still doesn't has page numbers.

Before printing it I have to warn you that it still has tons of mistakes and inconsistencies. When I started this project I had studied Japanese seriously for just a short while. When I translated the Family Basic manual I was more advanced, and finished it much faster even though it was much much bigger.

fredJ

Does anyone have info on which years this was bundled with the console?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

compile_6502

Does anyone have the scans of the Japanese from the original post?  The link is no longer available.

Also looking for the FDS comic.

Japanese versions.

P

October 07, 2014, 10:02:57 am #69 Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:09:58 am by P
Here are the scans:
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/T6ruIVsW9VF2IUc8Ep%2FAAA

The latest translation is attached to this post.

compile_6502

Thank you so much, P!  Really appreciate it the link.

BaconBitsKing

Probably sometime after 1986, since it mentioned the Disk System.

P

Since the copyright is labelled 85-10-21 it could have been bundled late 1985 as well. It's not strange that it mentions the disk system before it was released, it was planned from the beginning.

I heard that pin 46 in the cartridge slot (the extra audio pin) was initially added to be used by the future disk system (which it also was used for when it was released). Although it was later used by cartridges as well.

fredJ

okay. :)
Any ideas when it was *stopped* being bundled? It seems there are less comics than one could expect. Maybe I'll have to start writing down when I get a console with the comic.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

BaconBitsKing

I wonder what it means when it says you can study with your Famicom.