Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Demolitionist1

I got Tecmo Super Bowl in the mail. Got a box of "junk" coming in a few days. Will see if I can get those working.

Dreammary

I've been playing Magic Jewelry, it's one of my favorite games.
By a simple switching of mirror Super Mario Bros. will become Dream Mary!

Rick

The FDS version of The Money Game. :D

Protoman

Bananan no Ouji Daibouken (Banana Prince). The ending said something about collecting all the green peppers ("pi-man" in japanese) and then just said to be continued. The youtube let's play shows credits so I guess I did something wrong? Well I don't care, I beat the game in any case

UglyJoe

Super Mario Bros.

My daughter (4yo) saw the artwork on the cart and wanted me to play it.  She does this fairly often and gets bored of watching me play after a minute or two.  She never picked SMB1 before and wow she was into it.  She got a real kick out of the way Goombas get squished and how Mario gets bigger when he gets a mushroom (she would always tell me to find a mushroom whenever I was small Mario).  And for some reason it was okay for me to kill the Bloopers but not the Cheep Cheeps.

I told her that Toad in 1-4 says that the princess is in another castle.  When I finished 2-4 and there was also no princess, she was pretty surprised.  She is convinced there must be a really, really big castle at the end of the game and that is where the princess is.

I might need to practice up on world 7 and 8 just so I can show her the ending ;D

Tetouani85

Anyone has beaten this level from "Circus Charlie" ?
it's really hard.

P

Yes but only in the arcade version. But yes it's very hard as it's the final level. You really need to master the jumping physics. Besides the trapeze can be quite slow (in the arcade version anyway) as it takes time to build up the swing and get the right timing to jump, and that can be annoying.

Tetouani85

Quote from: P on December 11, 2020, 01:03:01 pmYes but only in the arcade version. But yes it's very hard as it's the final level. You really need to master the jumping physics. Besides the trapeze can be quite slow (in the arcade version anyway) as it takes time to build up the swing and get the right timing to jump, and that can be annoying.
Finally i didt, thanks
i trained all the day to do it

carmine

portnoyd

The last Famicom games I played were the Micronics games that didn't make it to the US. Aside from Son Son, it was a miserable experience of varying degrees. I think Miracle Ropit is the worst.

Preki

Gradius II, even though I've beaten this game four times, each time with different weapon array, I still return to it from time to time.

UglyJoe

Quote from: portnoyd on December 19, 2020, 02:07:31 pmI think Miracle Ropit is the worst.

:'(

I thought Miracle Ropit was alright once you get a handle on the wonky controls.

ID415

Getsu Fuma Den, one of my personal favorites.

Tetouani85

Quote from: ID415 on March 28, 2021, 03:16:02 amGetsu Fuma Den, one of my personal favorites.
this game has amazing overworld theme :fire:

ID415

Quote from: Tetouani85 on March 31, 2021, 06:20:58 am
Quote from: ID415 on March 28, 2021, 03:16:02 amGetsu Fuma Den, one of my personal favorites.
this game has amazing overworld theme :fire:

Yeah, also a great soundtrack.